• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

North American Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Typical long call reserve is 9 days on and 6 days off. Short call reserve is 4 on and 4 off. I have only flown one 10 day trip, most trips I fly are in the 4 to 8 day range.

How often you guys fly on long call reserve these days?
Any trips out of west coast?
And do you guys get 12 hard days off for long call resv?
Thanks.

When I bid long call reserve I typically will fly on 80% of my scheduled rserve days. Your days off are hard days and you are guaranteed them unless you elect to fly on those days. Not a lot of west coast flying right now, just the occasional military pick up or drop off. As I said in an earlier post long call is typically 9 on and 6 off.

naa pilot can you find out what the flight technicians are making. Is pay salary or by the hr. And what level are they making. someone close to me would like to know so they can begin to negotiate pay and benefits w/ the company. any info would be appreciated.

My next trip is on the 4th of May. I will be happy to ask the flight tech about their working conditions....Stay tuned....I will post it after I get back.

NAApilot, tell me are the flight tech allowed to fly cockpit jumpseat on the aircraft they are provide coverage for.

NAApilot , tell me are the flight techs allowed to sit cockpit jumpseat for the aircraft they are representing

Currently yes. The NAA FOM gives guidance allowing flight techs to occupy cockpit jumpseats. However, since last year our POI has taken objection to the policy and has been raising flags on the issue. Oddly enough, our PSI has no objection whatsoever to the policy. She believes the flight techs conform with the security checks required of flight techs and crew members alike.

Latest resources

Back