Non-Technical Falcon Pilot Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Falcon Capt,

If I may ask, what company had 7 of them?

I'm a long way off from a falcon job, but I'm looking for a plan of attack for
the future (6-7 years off), and a falcon job looks attractive.

It looks like most entry level falcon jobs require a type even as a SIC, is
that pretty much a true statement?

What sort of Pay/ Schedule does a SIC have, and how long is upgrade time
to make captain (usually)?

Many Thanks for your time!

SMOOTHRIDE said:
Falcon Capt,

If I may ask, what company had 7 of them?

I'm a long way off from a falcon job, but I'm looking for a plan of attack for
the future (6-7 years off), and a falcon job looks attractive.

It looks like most entry level falcon jobs require a type even as a SIC, is
that pretty much a true statement?

What sort of Pay/ Schedule does a SIC have, and how long is upgrade time
to make captain (usually)?

Many Thanks for your time!

not falcon cap but-
No you don't need a type rating in a falcon to get a job flying one. what you need are some good contacts. when i was hired as a falcon 50 pilot I barely knew what a falcon was.

pay, sched etc varies as much as the wind. they are all different. if you are fortunate and get on with a p91 operation that is well managed by a good company then it could last an entire career.:)

Semper Fi,

Thanks sir, appreciate the reply!

Sorry I have to ask what might seem rudimentary questions; I'm finding out right now what part 135 flying is like, as I'm new to my 1st civilian flying job (chose not to do airlines, at least not right now).

Since I'm in the "corporate" environment now, I have to ask lots of silly a$$ questions that most corp. pilots already know.

The Falcon 50 seems like one he11 of an airplane! Compared to almost every other plane I see on final approach, it looks the most stable, like it's on rails. I'm sure it's flight characteristics are impressive.

That being said, what's it like in the cockpit, is it roomy or squished (falcon 50)?

falcons are very fine acft. been around a long time and have evolved a lot. cockpits roominess is all relative. f50 is roomier than a KA or lear but not that much. F900 is roomier than a F50. GV is roomier than a F900- BBJ more than GV and so it goes. walk up to some pilots at the FBO and start BSing with them. you gotta meet some people to get ahead in corp av. there are jobs out there- you just gotta find em.

fido:)

ps--i know it is hard but drop the sir stuff - you are a slimy civ now.:)

Semperfi,

Domo Arigato Gazaimas!

Vielen Dank!

Spacibo!

Mille Grazie!

OK now I'm being annoying,

Many Thanks!

Don't kid yourself...you're not as far away from a falcon job (or any other job, for that matter) as you might think. Yes, my TT is pretty close to correct, yes I have a type (PIC, and I will be adding that wierd SIC type in a few days for a Falcon 20), and yes I was very lucky and persistent. I was given a chance in the king air and was later moved into the Dassault aircraft. Our company has 6 falcons plus one in pre-buy and shopping for yet another.
Of the Falcon 10 and the 20 I fly, the 20 is like a cadillac compared to the 10 (which is the sports car) so I can't imagine what the -50 or -900 or Global or Gulfstreams are like. But the -10 is a blast to fly...especially when you're light and it's cool outside! Just the other day, coming out of MDW, the controller asked us if we could give him 4000 fpm or better in the climb, we said "no problem" We gave him 6 for a few thousand feet before settling back into 5K a minute...it's just a fun plane to fly.

He ain't gonna tell you. But I know who it is.:D And I ain't gonna tell you, either. :D :D

Latest resources

Back