Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
D

Denny CRJ

I had an FO that was such a turd. Very senior but just doesnt know the books/procedures very well. Got about 2000 hours more than me in the plane and with the company, but I have never seen an FO mess up delayed engine starts like he has the past couple days. Thank goodness the trip is over. He can go back to his crusty old captains and their FCOM III's.

I mean I am a very new captain, with less than 2 years at a 121 carrier, but this FO is a joke. If he was on probation, I would write him the most scathing probationary evauation ever. I would definately check the "Do not retain for employment" box.

But alas, he is protected by our "union" and "professional standards". Sometime I wish I could circumvent the "system" and just get idiots like that fired for the good of everybody else at the company.

Oh well....

Denny CRJ said:
I had an FO that was such a turd. Very senior but just doesnt know the books/procedures very well. Got about 2000 hours more than me in the plane and with the company, but I have never seen an FO mess up delayed engine starts like he has the past couple days. Thank goodness the trip is over. He can go back to his crusty old captains and their FCOM III's.

I mean I am a very new captain, with less than 2 years at a 121 carrier, but this FO is a joke. If he was on probation, I would write him the most scathing probationary evauation ever. I would definately check the "Do not retain for employment" box.

But alas, he is protected by our "union" and "professional standards". Sometime I wish I could circumvent the "system" and just get idiots like that fired for the good of everybody else at the company.

Oh well....

Ok, super-pilot. Feel better about yourself now that you've publicly whipped on someone else? Perhaps "professional standards" should address your lack of maturity, Mr. Airline Captain. Get a life, loser. Nice avatar by the way. Dork.

hey,it's smiling paul's brother

and he has a blog, too

Interests: flying, burning thousands of pounds of jet fuel an hour, music- metal, rock, hardcore, christian... playing guitar, God, church, movies, going out
Expertise: keepin it real

FmrFreightDog said:
Ok, super-pilot. Feel better about yourself now that you've publicly whipped on someone else? Perhaps "professional standards" should address your lack of maturity, Mr. Airline Captain. Get a life, loser. Nice avatar by the way. Dork.

He is a professional flame baiter, formerly known as 410dude and other handles. He probably isn't even a pilot. He will be banned probably before the day is thru.

FmrFreightDog said:

Um...didn't you just "whip" on him? "Get a life, loser..." - isn't that the same behavior you're condeming the guy on? Seems hippocritical.

Non-Standard FOs and Capts exist in every seat, in every airplane, from every background. Most companies have a pro-standards department that can take care of the issue confidentially. The problem stems back to recruiting - hiring the wrong attitude. Tipically it's HR folks that havnen't a clue what makes a good pilot. The recruiting Captain does his best...but often 2 HR to 1 Captain wins. Anyone can fly these airplanes today with the computers and automation. But not everyone has the right ATTITUDE to competently and safely carry out the mission. It's not the skills that are the issue...it's the ATTITUDE. The good news is it's far and few between so next month should be better!!!

AZT

I can't decide if I like peach pie or pecan pie better. Maybe pecan. I just don't know.

Vladimir Lenin said:
hey,it's smiling paul's brother

and he has a blog, too
This from the blog:
Back in Memphis tonight... got a pretty long layover. Came in and took a 3 hour nap. Meghan called me and got to listen to me gurgle for about 5 minutes, haha.

AZ Typed said:
Um...didn't you just "whip" on him? "Get a life, loser..." - isn't that the same behavior you're condeming the guy on? Seems hippocritical.

Point taken. However, a brand new captain with 2 years seniority and an admitted lack of experience coming on here to vent about some anonymous FO while he has comments like "Telling my FOs what to do" on his info just rubbed me the wrong way. A productive thing to do would have been to tactfully let the FO know what he was doing incorrectly. Coming here and venting to puff yourself up doesn't really solve much.

Typical baby captain who thinks he knows everything about everything.......

My $.02 anyway.

Redmeat said:
He is a professional flame baiter, formerly known as 410dude and other handles. He probably isn't even a pilot. He will be banned probably before the day is thru.

Sorry man, not any of those guys. That guy was a riot.

I am dead serious, I am a pilot on the Pinnacle Airline's seniority list.

My views are mine and mine alone.

BTW, Paul Holte is a standup guy....I usually try and hit him up when I am in MSP for some good times.

FmrFreightDog said:
Point taken. However, a brand new captain with 2 years seniority and an admitted lack of experience coming on here to vent about some anonymous FO while he has comments like "Telling my FOs what to do" on his info just rubbed me the wrong way. A productive thing to do would have been to tactfully let the FO know what he was doing incorrectly. Coming here and venting to puff yourself up doesn't really solve much.

Typical baby captain who thinks he knows everything about everything.......

My $.02 anyway.

FmrFreightDog, save your energy. Denny is an obvious troll.

Latest resources

Back