• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Non-rev and commuting just got harder

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In regards to IAM's question posted above; if you come in on C26 and your flight (commuting home) leaves on C27 you do not need to go through security so long as you cleared security at the outstation and have stayed within a sterile area during your trip.
That's not what he said.

RTFQ.

IamHYPOXIC2 said:
I start the last day of a 4 day trip in ABC, USA where security for flightcrews is not required,
He didn't clear security on the first leg at the outstation.

Yes, Hypoxic, you have to go back out to securitiy, WITH YOUR BAGS (accessible belongings is addressed in the new Security Directive), and be screened prior to any passenger flying, deadheading, commuting, or jumpseating.

Don't get too anxious... this happened about 2 years ago and lasted about 3 or 4 months before it died and went away.

Then clear secuirty at the outstation.

RTFQ...F/Y! And yes I am talking to you.
But that's not what you said.

You answered a question he didn't ask.

This is a common occurrence I see of low-time pilots in training all the time. Can't be bothered to wait and UNDERSTAND the question before you answer it.

I also see that a lot on interviews, and people have been known to flub interviews by creating THEIR OWN SCENARIO, different from what the interviewer asked, then answering THAT scenario.

Telling me "Fu*k You" doesn't change the fact of what you wrote. Just admit it and move on. It's called "accepting responsibility". :rolleyes:

We got a clarification that stated if you are commuting you MAY require additional gate screening.

Got clarification from TL just now...seems I was incorrect in my own interpretation although he agreed that the verbiage of the SD seemed to indicate what I had originally thought.

In my earlier scenario (3 leg day - 1st flying, 2nd DH'ing, 3rd non-rev) as long as I went through security to begin my day I would not have to re-clear in the other 2 airports. It seems each airline has its own interpretation here. If you aren't commuting on your own airline and the "other airline" requires you to clear at that airport then you may be screwed.

Now if I was starting my day in ATL with a DH or with ready reserve, I am supposed to take the once-an-hour bus from our parking lot (rather than the every 15 minutes or so bus to ops) to the main terminal and go through security. Still not sure how they plan on keeping tabs on all of this...

BTW - I don't have a problem going through security to begin my day, it just isn't set up that way in ATL.

I cannot believe I'm gonna do this, but I'm gonna stick up for TSA. There was just a situation in MCO where a non-rev ramper badged thru security and brought guns and drugs abord a flight to Puerto Rico. He was a comair ramper.

So why aren't the RAMPERS being forced to go through security???

In ATL, everyone of them bypasses security; riding the shuttle buses from the employees' parking lot into the SIDA.

This TSA directive is aimed at Flight Crews only. I have seen nothing to indicate RAMPERS are now being screened.

Just Brilliant!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Now if I was starting my day in ATL with a DH or with ready reserve, I am supposed to take the once-an-hour bus from our parking lot (rather than the every 15 minutes or so bus to ops) to the main terminal and go through security. Still not sure how they plan on keeping tabs on all of this...

Hmmm,
My entire line next month starts with a DH. And I am not waiting a hour or getting there a hour early for one stinking bus. I'll be going to the crew room and then meandering back out to the security line to find the longest line. Then I will make a scene but only a small one. Then, I'll make sure they have to wand me. Should be able to miss my flight by then. Should be fun.

Next, the idiot that decided to pull this rule from the posterior needs to kicked in the friggin head about three different ways..... Hard, Fast and Repeatedly.

Me thinks we need to call Chuck Norris on this one. He'll take care of this with TSA!

Peace.

Rekks

Me thinks we need to call Chuck Norris on this one. He'll take care of this with TSA!

Peace.

Rekks

I walked into Ops yesterday and saw the new TSA Directive taped up to a door. I walked by the door later that day and it had been kicked off its hinges! Rumor has it, Chuck Norris read the memo and is currently in the back of a security line patiently waiting to roundhouse kick each and every TSA agent that makes eye contact with him.....

Latest resources

Back