Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

airbus_jas

Folks:

I have enjoyed the comments from those in the SWA pool. At the current rate of classes, how many months do you all estimate they will be done with the poolies (the 157 left)?

Also, do any of the current SWA people here know when they will actually begin interviewing the new crop of applicants (or have they already)?

Thanks

hiring

Interviews to start second quarter.
Classes starting in March, 3 I think, Then 2 per month after that. Looking at 40 to 48 new hires per month. Pool will be empty by late june to July.

The pool

Airbus: I'm sure that there are more than the 157 on our "unoffical" pool list. Exactly how many is a mystery to all. Last I heard there are plans for two classes (of 24) a month until July. Then a brief break, and then resume in October. I have heard that 392 was the number for the year, and if you do the math it looks like that is in line with the two classes a month.

I have heard that they have started interviews already (unconfirmed).

Swimmer

Re: The pool

swimmer said:

I have heard that they have started interviews already (unconfirmed).

Swimmer

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

That would be a shocker.

Heard they were not going to even download apps until Mid-March. Guess this could be pilots that were already set up for an interview when the process stopped after Sep 11th.

Fly Safe
Chuck

SWA PD went to HPA on Friday

The people department went to Higher Power on Thursday and said that interviews will start in March with the first calls for interview invitation starting in mid-February. They said that they are "looking" at the Apps already. What are they looking for? They said at a combination of things but the most important qualities are type rating, upgrading and recency of flying (their words not mine). "Update often" was one of their recomendations. They did not say how many apps had type ratings. They also said that it would take them a while to go through all the apps which is about 3000. They said that the numbers of apps that they are receiving per day has leveled. They said "we think that the people out there serious about SWA have already applied but we still get a few a day". That's all I remember. According to them, they have not called anyone for interviews yet.

Last edited:
:) Higher Power is a 737 type school. Highly recomend, they go above and behond to help you get through.

originally posted by airbus_jas
Not to sound ignorant, but who is Higher Power?

Higher Power (aka Higher Power Aviation, HPA) is one of the more popular schools to go for the B737 type. It's where I and a whole bunch of others have gone for the rating. Everyone on this board raves about them and with good reason. They are really incredible. They know what they're doing, very organized, very efficient, very helpful, and just great people. A pleasure working with them.

A bonus of going to HPA is that they're located in Dallas. HPA knows that a lot of their 737 students have their sights on SWA, and SWA knows it too. SWA sends a representative over to answer questions and talk a while about what's going on at the company to each class. Our class was lucky enough to have one rep from the People Department on the scheduled day and additionally have two DAL based pilots, on different days, drop in on our class, hang out a while, answer questions, and go to lunch with the class.

:p

Latest resources

Back