NON Pool SWA Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LL

LL is Lindsey Lang, who coordinates the application, record updates and class dates of the poolies and future poolies.

Just don't make her mad..... she might tell her Dad.

Rumor management

No one is interviewing at SWA at this time. The PD are putting out accurately that this won't occur until Aprilish so continue to update your apps/put them in & press on with your life. Take a deep breath because even when that date rolls around there will obviously be some excited folks & others who will immediately scrutinize, analyze & debate the merits of those who were chosen (when you do consider starting a thread so folks who attended can post their general credentials for others to see in order to provide perspective about what type of individuals are getting called ).

The cycle is going to last for some time so please be patient & understanding to those who are about to enter a very stressful time.

As for classes, the following information is "TENTATIVE" , did I say it was "TENTATIVE" because if I didn't let me say it again, it is "TENTATIVE" .

Beginning 1 Mar & running through early July there are 10 classes "TENTATIVELY" (there's that word again) scheduled for "TENTATIVELY" 24 folks per classes.

The "TENTATIVELY" schduled classes after that (which there are 2) are "TENTATIVELY" scheduled for 20 folks per class.

The simple math shows this to total 300 pilots through early Aug. Will there be more? I certainly don't know but I would think there would be to meet their desired goals of having 400 new hires on the property this year but 6 months planning cycles are usually about as far out as they post new hire TENTATIVE classes so please relax for those hoping to see all 400 class slots listed 9 months in advance. There are obviously many things that could happen between now & then (i.e. the word tenative) but suffice it to say SWA is planning toward the numbers that folks have heard about for some time. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone since it has been talked about by the PD, at AirInc conferences & other places for quite some time. I flew with AF757 (one of the posters on here) on my jumpseat the other day & to say he was excited would be an understatement. Everyone is glad to have them & we're excited about seeing many of you there in the future.

The other good news is there will be capt upgrade classes every month beginning this month. That will make a lot of FOs happy, like me :)!!!

Anyway, hope that helps, please don't read too much into this but simply know the process is working & you'll get a fair shake from SWA when your time comes but continue to keep [B]ALL[/B] options to any carrier that is hiring, you owe that to your family. It doesn't show a lack of desire to work at SWA in anyone's opinion but shows an awareness of what the market is like for hiring new pilots these days. Good luck & hope to see you in Dallas soon (or at Higher Power Aviation). later,

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back