Non-paid MEL time builder LA CE-340

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Check 6

OK, I have seen this ad numerous times and have been very skeptical about it. His CE-340 is based at Van Nuys (VNY).

NOTE: see the many posts below. The owner-pilot lost his medical and is trying to find a pilot who will fly for FREE! DON'T DO IT. You should be charging approximately $200/day plus expenses.

DON'T FLY FOR FREE! He is a wealthy lawyer (see his web site) and can more than afford to pay for your professional services the same as he charges for his professional services.

Los Angeles CA
Fly as co pilot on Los Angeles-based Cessna 340 3-4 times per week. Private owner/pilot (5,000+ hrs)travels extensively throughout California and SW states for Angelflight (volunteer medical flights), private law practice and family trips. Seeking Pilot with approx. 1,000 TT and 500 ME, but less will be considered. Average about 300-400 hours per year. A/C is maintained to perfection and is 10/10. Garmin 530/330 transponder with TCAS, Avidyne MFD w/ Nexrad,Metars, Ram Upgrade to 310/side. Position pays expenses only but is great time builder. Expect to alternate PF and PNF every leg. Plan on thorough pre-flight planning, checklists, annual Sim Com recurrent training and flying to airline standards.

Must have Multiengine rating. CFII is preferred.
Steve Danz
13418 Ventura Blvd.
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423 US
Phone: 310 600 9276
Fax: 818 995 7159
[email protected]
http://www.danzgerber.com

Last edited:
I have seen his kind before, I would be inclined to think that he is the typical bottomfeeder that figures he can get indentured servants to do his bidding. Could be wrong, but the tone of the ad points in that direction.

Besides why would someone with 1000tt and 500 me want to work for free?

I agree.... if you have 1000/500 multi you could have at least get an interview at 1/2 the regionals out there. But I am sure this guy will get an email box full of resumes saying they'll gladly do it..... time building my ass, he wants people to fly him around for free. Just my 2 cents but if he can afford that type of plane he could at least pay his pilots a few $ an hr. I just really hope this guy doesn't think that he is doing anyone any favors.

Offer to do it for money!

Here is the aircraft registration information.

N-number : N5931MAircraft Serial Number : 340-0071
Aircraft Manufacturer : CESSNA
Model : 340
Engine Manufacturer : CONT MOTOR
Model : TSIO-520 SER
Aircraft Year : 1972
Owner Name : STEVEN F DANZ LLC
Owner Address : 6312 SW CAPITOL HWY
PORTLAND, OR, 97239-1938
Type of Owner : Corporation
Registration Date : 01-Aug-2002
Airworthiness Certificate Type : Standard
Approved Operations : Normal

The fact that this individual does not return on a pilot certificate search may indicate that no current medical certificate exists. If so, it may be worthwile to counter-offer him with a daily rate contract arrangement. If he really wants to go somewhere, he may be willing to pay if no fly-for-free-fools are available. One good reason for the 500 multi requirement may be the insurance mins for this class of aircraft. If he could act as PIC, he might not need someone with those credentials. Maybe he would just rather not pay if there are wannabees so desperate that they will sell themselves for free. Real whores get paid! As a lawyer, he should certainly understand the concept.

Last edited:
FAA Airman record

STEPHEN FELIX DANZ

ENCINO CALIFORNIA

PRIVATE PILOT
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE LAND INSTRUMENT AIRPLANE

No Medical Available

Charter Dog, there is a record, but you guessed correctly. He does not have a medical per the FAA database.

So, you are spot on. The cheepo is trying to get a free pilot and "generously" swap legs with his freebee pilot.

He should be paying $150-200/day plus expenses or a straight salary.

GUESS WHAT? The freebee pilot will be the PIC and legally responsible for the operation of the aircraft because El Cheepo does not have a valid certificate.

Good call Charter Dog.

Last edited:
He'll get some bonehead desperate for flight time, guys like that always do.

Check 6 said:
STEPHEN FELIX DANZ

ENCINO CALIFORNIA

PRIVATE PILOT
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE LAND INSTRUMENT AIRPLANE

No Medical Available

Charter Dog, there is a record, but you guessed correctly. He does not have a medical per the FAA database.

So, you are spot on. The cheepo is trying to get a free pilot and "generously" swap legs with his freebee pilot.

He should be paying $150-200/day plus expenses or a straight salary.

GUESS WHAT? The freebee pilot will be the PIC and legally responsible for the operation of the aircraft because El Cheepo does not have a valid certificate.

Good call Charter Dog.

What do you expect from an attorney. They are the cheapest of the cheap and scum to boot (at least 99% of the ones I dealt with).

As for pay, when I flew a corporate C-340 I was paid $250 per day plus expenses plus use of the airplane for fuel.

If you were in his position wouldn't you try to get someone to come along without paying? Not saying it's right!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back