Non-paid MEL time builder LA CE-340

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
charter dog said:
Here is the aircraft registration information.

N-number : N5931MAircraft Serial Number : 340-0071
Aircraft Manufacturer : CESSNA
Model : 340
Engine Manufacturer : CONT MOTOR
Model : TSIO-520 SER
Aircraft Year : 1972
Owner Name : STEVEN F DANZ LLC
Owner Address : 6312 SW CAPITOL HWY
PORTLAND, OR, 97239-1938
Type of Owner : Corporation
Registration Date : 01-Aug-2002
Airworthiness Certificate Type : Standard
Approved Operations : Normal
He avoids taxes also by having his registration in Oregon rather than California!:beer: Ohh! Then he probably runs blood or something with out a heart beat for angle flight to be able to write off all expenses for the flight. So travel costs Him ZERO

Last edited:
Anyone considering this ad, please do every pilot a favor... DO NOT FLY FOR FREE!!! If you are willing and able I would suggest calling him and offering your services for $200/day. Thats a more-than-reasonable rate and you should accept no less.

I amended my original post to make it very clear that the owner-pilot lost his medical and that anyone flying for him should not do it for free.

Check 6 said:
I amended my original post to make it very clear that the owner-pilot lost his medical and that anyone flying for him should not do it for free.

I tell you it's a Tax Thing!!!! He is avoiding all the other taxes so why would he want to pay L&I, Workman’s Comp, and everything else that goes with hiring an employee.

How many personal injury attorneys does it take to change a light bulb?

Three--one to turn the bulb, one to shake him off the ladder, and the third to sue the ladder company. :)

I am glad that you all are taking on this bold crusade because I fully agree with you all, but you know full well that some J-HOLE will take the job thinking he is getting a great opportunity.....

There is a guy in the area who doesn't have his commercial and he called a friend of mine to see what he could study for Flight Safety training in a Cheyenne. He said he got a job flying so-and-so around and was going to training on the plane. My friend knew he didn't have commercial and called him on it and the guy said, "I am not getting paid. He is just paying for my training and then I will be flying for him for free to build time."

MAKES ME SICK and sad....

Check 6 said:
Position pays expenses only but is great time builder.

Yea, my expenses are $250/day

I emailed him out of the spirit of the whole thread and offered him $250/day. Probably look like an idiot, but don't care. I think that the guy's a joke and can pay like anyone else.

threegreen said:
If you were in his position wouldn't you try to get someone to come along without paying? Not saying it's right!

Well... NO! But maybe that's just my personal view of ethics. Other people's views may be different. I see this as a case of procuring professional services. This individual does not appear to be qualified to act as PIC and requires someone who is. That someone is incurring signifigant legal liabilities by acting as PIC and deserves to be compensated. No disrespect intended, but would you try to get some kid to fly you for free if you were in this guy's position? I mean other than a friend you would accept a favor from and would do a favor for. I don't feel this is the same thing. Again, just personal opinion, my feelings about pilots being taken advantage of by sharp operators aside. I gotta wonder how this guy would do finding fresh law school grads to try his cases for free if he lost his bar card! Nobody can prove he is doing anything wrong, but it just doesn't sit right with me. That's why I suggested that anyone interested should offer to do it for money rather than defile themselves by allowing someone to benefit from their services for nothing more than the opportunity to log time for performing a professional service.

Rant over!

Best,

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back