Non B1tchers Only Please!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
210FR8DOG said:
I just started with TSA. Will I be treated like horse-dung here? Probably. Boo-who cares. I just got done hauling checks for 2 years. I would just be happy with a plane that has a heater that works-got that! Auto pilot-BONUS. Glass cockpit-BONUS. Jet Engines-BONUS. Air-conditioning-BIIIIG BONUS!!!

Hey J, don't forget to thank the guy who typed up that nice resume for you :)

Hopefully I'm right behind you.

R

I'm not going to take any advice for anyone who can not read...

"Non B1tchers Only Please!"

Clearly you can't read, or you would have 1) not posted a reply bitching about your job and 2) answered my question about which job you are not a number or just a worker.

Mike Oxlong said:
I'm not going to take any advice for anyone who can not read...

"Non B1tchers Only Please!"

Clearly you can't read, or you would have 1) not posted a reply bitching about your job and 2) answered my question about which job you are not a number or just a worker.

Clearly you have not been an airline pilot for very long because, it is our perogative to go to work and bitch and moan then come home and bitch and moan. It is our calling.

Dirk, is that a code word for Ornstein?

I tried to put in nice words how I think you are wrongly judging those who have complaints on this board. Now, I am questioning whether you are trulely a pilot or a management mole sent to calm down anyone who might threaten management's Tahitian vacation home fund. Either that or you still don't quite have a grasp of the industry. Once again I still enjoy the flying, but to just accept the current pay and work rule conditions as final is just plain dumb. It's about business and fairness. The attitude of well if you don't like your job, then quit is blantantly niave and stupid on your part. When you invest 4 years in school, a couple years of flight instructing, and 3 + years at the airline, that's a huge investment. Here's the main point you don't understand: Most of the so called "regionals" are doing major airline flying and that trend is continuing leaving less major airline job vacancies in the future. That certainly wasn't the case when I started flying in the mid 90s. So there are 2 options when not completely satisfied with the career: quit or try to make a difference in improving the career conditions. I'll choose option 2 for the time being.

I've been full time flying now for almost 10 years. I can honestly say that I still can't wait to get out of bed in the moring (or afternoon, or night) to go to work. Having just moved past the "regional phase" of this career, here are a few of my observations:

1. A job, like anything in life, is what you make of it. You get out what you put into it. Maybe not one for one, but on the whole average in = average out.

2. I've had enough other jobs to know that every job has its good and bad. Take the good, put up with the bad, and choose to be happy.

3. The worst (read: most challenging) day of flying still beats the best day of real work.

4. As others have said in this thread, enjoy the flying before you get to the 121 phase, because commercial airline flying is all about standardization. If you don't fit into a "standardization mold" then find another form of flying that will suit you better.

Cheers.

Last edited:
I'm glad to see a thread worth reading. I can honestly say I enjoy what I do, just like everyone else. I started as a baggage handler for Comair and then moved to a flight attendant for Atlantic Coast. And finally, glad to be paid to fly airplanes and giving back as well as a flight instructor hope to fly with you all soon. Keep the shiny side up!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back