Non B1tchers Only Please!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DirkkDiggler

I am tired of hearing the same few people complain about everything so I'm starting a new post where people can write about good things in aviation. I know there are still a lot of us out there who fly because we love it and for no other reason. I'll start things off:

For the last few years I have instructed and flown bank checks. It's been great and flying checks has made me a better pilot in ways I will never be able to imagine. Now I'm starting at a regional airline and I can't wait. It's been a lifelong dream of mine to fly a jet airliner and to see passengers and be a part of the whole process that is the airline experience for so many passengers each day. I know the pay isn't great but that's not why I started flying. Everytime I've flown since I was 4 years old, I've looked in awe at the pilots sitting in the cockpit and I've never wanted to do anything else. It's finally happening and life couldn't be any better. I hope others are having the same great experience in this industry and I can't wait to hear some great stories.

Lotsa bitching....check, I can handle this...............oh wait, you said no bitching......hmmmmm

Cant bitch too bad. Flew lots of stuff, got good experience, made it to my dream job at a Major, got furloughed......(insert some bitching here).......Went back to CFIing for a few months, scored a job in the left seat of corporate jet. All in all I can't complain, nobody cares anyhow!!:D

Still manage to burn jet fuel in a pint sized huff o matic during probably the worst time ever in aviation, so I'm pretty happy.

Still having fun, and that is what counts!

Good Karma

I hear ya, man. The bit.ching has been a little wearing lately. On the positive side, I just started flying a Citation on occaision and have been reminded how FUN flying is.

Just got back from DEN after spending a great Valentines day with my wife, a good time....man, those mountains and sunshine, it really doesn't get any better.

:D

I made the switch from checks to regional a few months ago and couldn't be happier. My QOL is has improved dramaticaly. Sure the first year pay sucks, but it gets better.

jaybird said:
Sure the first year pay sucks, ....

"Ladies and gentleman we're about to leave our cruising altitude and descend from this thread. Due to inclimate attitudes at our destination, we won't be landing at the I'm O.K.-You're O.K. Corral."

I love my job, too - for the record,

Still manage to burn jet fuel in a pint sized huff o matic during probably the worst time ever in aviation, so I'm pretty happy.

So what's your thought on when this "worst time ever" will start to come to an end? Anyone?

DirkkDiggler said:
I am tired of hearing the same few people complain about everything so I'm starting a new post where people can write about good things in aviation. I know there are still a lot of us out there who fly because we love it and for no other reason. I'll start things off:

For the last few years I have instructed and flown bank checks. It's been great and flying checks has made me a better pilot in ways I will never be able to imagine. Now I'm starting at a regional airline and I can't wait. It's been a lifelong dream of mine to fly a jet airliner and to see passengers and be a part of the whole process that is the airline experience for so many passengers each day. I know the pay isn't great but that's not why I started flying. Everytime I've flown since I was 4 years old, I've looked in awe at the pilots sitting in the cockpit and I've never wanted to do anything else. It's finally happening and life couldn't be any better. I hope others are having the same great experience in this industry and I can't wait to hear some great stories.

How old are you?

Latest resources

Back