Non-aviation related threads

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RichardFitzwell said:
[Also, I'd like to take a poll on what type of underwear Catholics wear. What do you think?
:) [/B]

My bet would be NUN!!

:D :eek: :D ;)

jockey shifters and forward controls

enigma said:
I gave up on scooters when I realized that four wheel drivers don't see us. And, I only rode a Suzuki. So, what are fwd controls, and what is a jockey shifter?

regards,
enigma

fwd controls are the
foot controls (shifter/brake) moved to a location farther forward, like custom choppers have, usually an assemblage of mounts and extensions to move their position
jockey shifter (to the best of my knowledge) is the replacement of the hand clutch and foot shifter, with basically a stick/hand shifter' , and foot clutch

hope that helps :D

The "suicide shift" or "tank shift" was simply a foot operated clutch and a car-like shift knob up next to the gas tank. This was the common method on older Indians and HD's.

Later, HD went to a "mouse trap" assembly to help give a little mechanical advantage to the handlebar mounted clutch lever that replaced the foot shift. With my bike, I just used the "mousetrap eliminator" kit and just squeezed a little harder. Along with the "mousetrap", the 61 FLH (duo-glide) used a one-down, three-up conventional shift.

RichardFitzwell said:
What's going on with all the non-aviation related threads? On this page alone there are threads about window blinds, religion and cars.

WTFO!

Thread drift is one thing but to start threads about this crap is a waste of bandwidth and time. Can we try to keep this site aviation related?
Isnt this a nonaviation thread?:D
usc

chperplt said:
NO... I'm talking about the new (to me) Pontiac Grand Prix GTP.

ohhhh, enjoy it!

On the topic LOL: every forum I ever visit has a large section which is mostly called:

"Off topic"
"Non XXXX related"
"Coffee Break"

etc... those are the most frequently visited places. Always. Yeah we got YGTBSM here but that is more like "aviation humor". We either need a strictly "off topic" area or import some forum nazis and start deleting threads or posts. But then this place will become boring. I often only come here to have a good laugh.

chperplt said:
...I'm talking about the new (to me) Pontiac Grand Prix GTP.
All this talk of cars got me thinking: what's the worst "airport car" you've ever seen? I saw a Toyota Corrola once that looked like a W.W. II destroyer laying a smoke screen. You couldn't see across employee parking went it went by! :eek:

Typhoon1244 said:
All this talk of cars got me thinking: what's the worst "airport car" you've ever seen? I saw a Toyota Corrola once that looked like a W.W. II destroyer laying a smoke screen. You couldn't see across employee parking went it went by! :eek:

A friend ( I trust that he doesn't read this board:) had an early edition Nissan Maxima, or maybe 810, anyway this turd was baby blue and rust. The lights, wipers, blower motor, etc were all controlled with bare wires hanging out from under the dash. It smoked, and leaked petrol so badly I was almost scared to ride in it. It was soo bad that I never even ASKED to borrow it. Let me tell you how bad this car was, he replaced it with a neon. :D

enigma

Latest resources

Back