Non-aviation related threads

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dash8 said:
beats me, but they took our poll abilities away so i guess we'll never know, another of lifes great mysteries
duh duh duh daaaa
THEY DID??!? Those rascals!

Oh Jebus!

Thread drift is one thing but to start threads about this crap is a waste of bandwidth and time. Can we try to keep this site aviation related?
6,500 hours? Heck, I'm creeping up on that number and I went back to college so I could have an intelligent conversation with people about anything else but airplanes.

I nominate you thread policeman. Have at it!

Dash8 said:
beats me, but they took our poll abilities away so i guess we'll never know, another of lifes great mysteries
duh duh duh daaaa

IMHO that was a step in the right direction.

I guess I'm easily distracted but I come here to read about aviation. This board has always been the fastest and most accurate source (most times) of information related to flying I have found.

People seem to race to be the first to post aviation related news. That's what makes it so good.

Flightinfo has grown very quickly over the past several years and with so many people posting daily, new threads get pushed down and off the front page in a matter of a few hours. I was only suggesting keeping posts aviation related to alleviate the clutter. When I want to discuss motorcycles I go elsewhere to do so. That's all I'm saying. Apparently I'm alone in my thoughts...

Re: Oh Jebus!

FN FAL said:
Heck, I'm creeping up on that number and I went back to college so I could have an intelligent conversation with people about anything else but airplanes.

Congrats on the learnin'. Good luck with your career.

Dash8 said:
should be plenty of sites online you can find bolt ons for whichever brand/model of bike ya got, personally i'd like to get a chopper made up with a jockey shifter

Please tell me you're joking about the jockey shifter. That's the most senseless invention for a motorcycle.

Richard-

There is a TON of info on the web for bikes. I didn't have any resources like this when I built my '61 FLH based chopper in 1972, so your biggest problem will be how to choose from the many parts now available. Good luck, and link us to a photo when you're done.

I'm in the "thermostat" camp, too. Depending on type, many thermostats have an "anticipator" setting that helps prevent a lag in reaction by the thermostat. If that is mis-set, the burner can cycle frequently. I'm not familiar with a "thermo-coupler", but if you mean an aqua-stat on a circulating hot water system, this can be mis-set also. They used to have a high and low range setting. I used to help a friend out with his heating oil business, and I didn't see many Lennox units outside of the occaisional central air heat pump unit with oil fired backup installation. Sorry I can't be of more help.

More to the point of your observations about topics here, I think some members are maliciously posting a variety of topics simply to anger the rest of us, much like all of the old "polls" coming to life last week. I've been busy with shoots and workshops in NYC this week, along with a little minor surgery to remove a stubborn mole with atypical architecture, so I haven't been seeing a lot of what has been going on.

I'd just ignore what you don't like, and share what you think is important.

Easy. Simple. Sweet.

Last edited:
I gave up on scooters when I realized that four wheel drivers don't see us. And, I only rode a Suzuki. So, what are fwd controls, and what is a jockey shifter?

regards,
enigma

I am sure there is a forum out there for Pontiac Grand Prix that would be much more helpful to chperplt than this forum, and there would be many more people to answer his question. Surely chperplt would also better enjoy such a forum.

Actually, Chperplt enjoys this forum. Through the years he has learned that many people on this forum are mechanics, like cars, enjoy eating BBQ, and have opinions too.

So, to assume that I would also better enjoy such a forum, would be an incorrect ASSumption on your part.

Latest resources

Back