• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NO water for UAL pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At Spirit, our FA's got a memo telling them to not give us any of the snacks. Spirit charges for pretzels, candy bars, chips, etc. So I usually just take one from the cart before I take my seat, this usually coincides with the trip I make to the galley to get MY LITRE OF WATER.

I wonder if SWA denies water to the pilots?

enigma

Deja Blue

In fact, I usually grab a cold six-pack (of water) before the day's flying. Sometimes I even take one back to the hotle. I have one before me now.

Huck said:
. . .<snip>. . .Deep Vein Thrombosis, . . <snip>. ....
Isn't that one of Jenna Jameson's movies??

WN manages to not trip over dimes getting to a dollar and consistently turns a profit while keeping employees fairly happy.

Meanwhile UAL along with some UAX feeders seem obsessed with tripping over the proverbial dime on the way to the dollar. Will UAL managment ever realize that selling a product for less than what it costs to provide is a losing proposition?

I wish my friends at UAL and my furloughed UAL buddies the best but it's getting harder and harder to see any light at the end of the tunnel.

AA had the same memo back in 2001

And it was gleefullly enforced by the MIA FA's. Well, some of them anyway.

Some crews just kept ringing for their water every 15 minutes until the FA's saw that it would be easier to leave a bottle up front.

Hey Mayday, if you were refering to my post....

The line about pilot pay was obviously (I thought)...sarcasm.

And no, I don't work for Mesa, and never have. Sadly, my current job isn't much better than that place, though.

Hopefully I'll be able to get a job flying something bigger soon, like the CRJ-900 at Freedom. Or perhaps Airways will sell MDT to Republic, and the current pilots will go back to flying their silly turboprops and Republic will get EMB-190's! If they would just hire me to fly that airplane, I would promise not to drink any water.

Thanks.

400A said:
If two waters for the flight crew made the drink cart rum empty, than someone is doing some really poor planning.

Duude, RUM EMPTY? No way, bra, dat like ruins da whole party!!!!

400A said:
Next comes the memo to pee in the bottle once completely empty so as to save on lav fluid.

Just dont be drinkin it after the fillin process is done, my brother from another mother, unless....

"Hey Chief Pilot Duude, hey bra, like try dis freaking drink. Whats it tastin like? Naw, dude, I aint knowin why its warm, dude. What? You like it? Well, Chiefly pilot, I'll hook you up with more. I'll talk to my peeps, cause like dude, after you like took our agua away from our pilots, dis stuff is like freaking everywhere now!"

You like apples? How you like dem apples!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back