• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NO SWA Summer School

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jennifer called on Friday and spoke to my wife. She was returning my call asking if the rumor was true re:no summer classes.

She said that classes were postponed TFN. I empathize w/all those fellow poolies who are submerging. The news from OakRbust re: how close he is to a class is even more depressing. (Were you in Miami Nov for type rating?) Those newest members are very unlikely (IMHO) to be on property in 2002.

Those in the military must be struggling to work out whether to sign on again. A very difficult time for all indeed.

So much for my soothsayer skills. Back to answering phone calls from computer-skill bereft people.:(

I was down at Higher Power in Dallas. There was 8 other pre hires there. I think that Bam Bam and Beech Driver are the only two on the poolie list but that is just a guess.

Even with this bad news I still think that there will be a lot of people leaving the pool before the years out.

Keep those heads high campers......

After all it is SWA!!!

:D

Rose Colored Glasses

Nice to hear some good news on the other thread. I just find it hard to believe that things will slow down as much as has been suggested here. I know someone already made this point, but the exact same scenario played itself out around the end of last year. I'd be real suprised if:

1) SWA didn't post a profit for 1st QTR

2) throttled back classes over the summer (isn't that the busy season?),

3) stopped interviews.

OK, maybe interviews will slow a little to let the pool get drained down, but the last time we heard this kind of info, they fired up three classes in JAN. Of course, I always have liked John Conlee.

I think after Apr 18th, we are going to hear some real good news. In the meantime, I'll keep treading and If I'm wrong, we'll just get us a couple inner tubes with a cooler and ride from here on out!

Rightbettor, I'm still on the pass line!

ETX

Me too!

Oh, I'm still betting the front line with full odds. I just had to take a break until the dice warm up a bit. One can only stomach so many "point-seven" rolls until one needs a little break from the action... know what I mean?;)

RightBettor

Sounds like school's out for summer

This is from the Flight Ops Newsline for Tuesday, April 2, 2002.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We have postponed the April 11 class while our manning numbers are reviewed. Our staffing is in good shape for now, and we want to make sure that it continues. We will add the class at a later date. Our interviewing will also slow down. We have a large pool of Pilots ready for class. This pool is sufficient for our short-term requirements."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry about the last "out dated" quote

This is the most recent from the April 5th Newsletter

"After reviewing the updated aircraft delivery schedule and our manning documents, we have decided to delay the May and June New Hire Pilot Classes. We continue to review this subject on a monthly basis and will provide updates to each of you. With this in mind, as of today, the only classes now scheduled are April 25 and tentatively August 29."

Latest resources

Back