• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NO SWA Summer School

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with T1, hang in there, month by month if possible and who knows what SWA bean counters are deciding. Hopefully the economy will turn over for real here soon and all the nonsense in the middle east will subside and we'll get a call soon.

One question though, does SWA do any kind of re-examination of currency or recency before classs starts? I am willing to wait this out. I am furoughed and have no desire to find a flying job with any other outfit. But the FS200 on my computer is not the same as a real plane or sim...

I figure I can get a real job, drill with the reserves (non flying unfortunatley) and keep studying. Input anybody? 5 months and going strong! Semper Swim!

Out here-

Dont Panic!!!!! LUV is worth the wait!

Hey all,
I just saw this thread and heard this news today from the inside. I am in the 28th Mar class and I cannot tell you how great SWA is, it is most DEFINITELY worth the wait! DO NOT PANIC!

The word from the inside, (and I am definitely an outsider on the inside), is that there is the end of april class and then no classes till august. Who knows where they go from there. But remember, actions speak louder than words and SWA is very aggressively preparing themselves for the future! Planes are coming out of the desert and the ground folks are suppose to hire like 1500 people in the next few months to reduce airport waits and for growth. This info is from the very hard working people department!

OK, so, I know its easy for me to say be cool because I am in Dallas, but there was a time when I was waiting in line unemployed also. Everyone that meets the new hire class genuinely welcomes us and lets us know there glad were here. The spouses loved the indoc and you really feel like you part of a great thing here. Be patient, and just remember how many times in the past SWA has throttled back, just to open em wide up again!

I wish ya all good luck and see ya here soon!
-T45Flyer

No Optimism Here

I know you guys are just trying to keep a stiff upper lip et al, but this blows. There is no way to call this good news and even when it gets better, it won't be great until load factors are.
I figure the word they give JM is worst case - but worst case is still a possiblity. Our only hope is that they are going month to month and that load factors continue to climb. Personally, I am out of cash and patience - 8 K in the hole, no job nor prospect of having one anytime soon - tonight I will get drunk, tomorrow I will clean the toliets and try to find a job.
Don't get me wrong, I still feel the LUV - after 911 I didn't expect my DB to even meet. I just made the mistake of getting my hopes up. Man, I wish I'd have gotten my type before the interview!

For those still interested in numbers - it is my opinion that we still have 100+ folks from '01 in the pool (47 on out list alone!) That is five classes worth so I don't think we'll be into any 02 poolies until the fall unless things really take off.

Poolies keep the faith!
Chaz, if they want currency, I am in deep doodoo
LOK you'd better keep a seat warm for me.

The dice just got cold.

Meanwhile the stickman hollers, "Seven out, line away!"

I am at a loss for words. Time to walk away from the table and head to the bar... for a while anyway. So long fellas.

RightBettor

Hey Everybody...

I too am a poolie that talked to JM on Friday. I got typed Nov 17th and had an Aug 7th Interview date. JM told me all the same bad news. I aksed if she could give me some kind of idea how many people are in the conga line before me and she said I'd be in the 4th to 5th class depending on the stops.

Just thought it might help everybody kinda get an idea how long it might take to grab a towel.

It'll be well worth the wait!!!:D

OakRBust,

Couldn't find your name on the pool list. It'd help us all to estimate the size of the pool if you get your name on the pool list. Just click the SWA pool list at the top and e-mail your stats.

Good Luck,
shootr

I did sign up to be on the poolie list maybe a week ago or so. I just don't think that it has been updated yet.

I have three friends in the March 28th class that were all typed around Oct 20 or so. I can hardly believe that there are enough people between Oct 20 and Nov 17th to fill 5 classes. Yikes!!

Anyways... I am trying to look on the bright side of things... At least my wife won't kill herself with the lawnmower this summer. :D

Hang in there everybody!

New swa pool list coming,

The pool list should be updated soon. I sent it to Mark Friday night...I believe he'll post it as soon as he gets the problems worked out with the board from Friday.

OAKorBust has been added along with a dozen others. Also, the remaining January and February class poolies have been removed to make the list shorter. I'll leave the March and April class poolies on the list for the time being.

We're getting a good number of people to sign up on this list, but we're stilling missing quite a few. So, if you know anyone who isn't entered, please ask them to get signed up.

All we need is:

1. A Member Name
2. Interview Date
3. Type Date
4. Class availability Date (both civilian & military)

If under stop/loss and you're not sure when you'd be available, just say stop/loss.

If you're like me, last week's news hit hard. I was hoping to be in class by June or July. Good thing is we're still on the list, and we'll get there sooner or later. This company is well worth the waiting, and I'll wait here for as long as it takes. I'm still crossing my fingers the news will change and the classes will get started back up. When is the 1st qtr's report suppose to come out?

1st Qtr

Hey Dan,

According to the SWA website 1st qtr results will be out 18 Apr.

With regard to the news of no classes for a while - Mikey's Depressed!:(

Latest resources

Back