• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No SWA classes until Jan 2004..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Come to think about it, I think we all had this exact same conversation/bet last year..........

I just hope this is our last annual reunion as SWA poolies. By the way, whatever happened to Tredding? Looks like my SWA poolie T-shirt is going to need an '04 stitched on it.

And oh yeah.....one more big X on the calender this morning.

Well, Jan 04. Splendid. Last year, when we were having the EXACT same conversation, on the same day, I bit off on a November 2003 class date. This year, I am going to stick with january.

The next SWA new hire class will be 5 JAN 2004

That is my take, and I am sticking to it.

This whole SWA pool thing is beginning to be a lot like the movie ground hog day.

Rumors of Growth....

Here we go....

We had a jumpseater yesterday that is one of the interview team guys... (for whatever that's worth to the validity of the following...) he has heard from somewhere that there COULD be as many as 500-600+ new hires in 2004. ALso adding that we may add as many as 1500 NEW pilots by the beginning of 2006.

Reasons given for the "explosive growth" are the VERY slow growth since 9/11 had slowed (almost stopped) our expansion plans that were already in place, and, opportunitys that are becoming available in the market today are compelling enough for SWA to grow rapidly to capture new customers.

50+ planes in 2004... another tidbit.... perhaps some used ones in addition to all that Boeing can supply. Most of the new routes will be long-haul coast to coast type stuff....

CoopDoggyDog....As for your T-shirt - I ran in to Tredding in DAL during school - he says no more shirts, but plans on being in DAL for beers with the next new hire class.....

Hang in there boys & girls, believe me the waiting will pay off with a GREAT flying career - this place is AWEsome!!!!

Fly'n

Reuters News Article-Jul 21st

...Earlier on Monday, Southwest reported that net profit more than doubled in the second quarter, including aid from the U.S. government, and said it expects a higher third quarter profit than a year ago. Capacity growth is expected to be 6 percent to 7 percent in 2004....

They way I see it is that when the 3rd qtr numbers come out...SWA will ramp up for classes.

I still say 4th quarter is when SWA will gear up fellow poolies. Mike you maybe right about Dec, I can only hope for sooner.

Coop-This is our last annual reunion!!! We are going to be outta this pool soon...

Bring it on!!! I am sooooo done with changing diapers!!:D

aj

One in November for sure.

Don't forget. The training department has the ability to train 100 pilots per month now. (I believe this means 100 new hires and still be able to handle upgrades, recurrent, etc.)

OK, here we go again...

Let's see the latest bets

The only firm guess date so far is:

5 jan 2003: PTinbound, Sugardaddy and Jimbo.

We also have fuzzy estimates of:

? Oct 2003 : xXpress
? Dec 2003 : MILWINGBORN, ICEBERG Club

Any other takers out there??

5 jan 2003: PTinbound, Sugardaddy and Jimbo.

? Oct 2003 : xXpress
? Nov 2003 : Bill, AJWick
? Dec 2003 : MILWINGBORN, ICEBERG Club

To make it a little bit more sporty (all you guys who have only given a month), how about a specific day (as a hint they normally start classes on mondays).

Hey guys,

Just read through the thread and it helped me feel a lot better... I am coming up on 8 months in the Alaska pool and wondering when the uncertainty is going to end... That's nothing compared to what you've gone through... 534 days and counting - looks like some of you will be near two years by the time you're really hired. I hope you get classes soon. Keep the faith.

FL510GV,
If LL is correct with her estimates, it will be a little over 2 years ( 25 months or 658 days to be exact.) when I should dry off.

Here's to another 6 months of bobbin in the pool. I hope you get out of your pool much quicker.

Latest resources

Back