• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No soup for you....says JetBlue....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"us" about 14% behind? NO, a small minority of pilots who fly the 321 or the small overall percentage of block hours flown on the 321 MIGHT be behind. But that assumes it is standard to pay more for a stretched COMMON type, which is NOT the case. And even if it were, it is far down on the priority list of things that need to be fixed around here. And even then, the extra revenue should be used to increase the rate for ALL 320 family pay, not just an override for a minority. No airline can be directly, perfectly compared to another, but we are FAR more similar to SW and AK than we are the big multi-multi-multi fleet legacies. They pay a single rate for stretched common types, that way the entire seniority list can benefit from the extra corporate revenue generated.

A "small overall percentage of block hours", has nothing to do with a weighted average of pilot compensation. The company chose to compare us for A321 pay to five or six airlines, only two of which acutally fly the A321. They said "only one" of the airlines pay the override when they certainly could have said 50% of the presented airlines that actually fly the 321 pay the override.

You're looking at it as a "similar type". A different, and I believe better, perspective is from a revenue standpoint - or even a liablity standpoint. You're now responsible for 40 more lives on your plane and your flying around 40 more seats worth of revenue. The only thing you get out of it is 40 more possiblities for a gate return.

If you want to stick with arguing that we're more like AK or WN, I won't argue with you. Maybe if we were anywhere near AK or WN in pay, or health insurance, or retirement, or profit-sharing, or vacation, this issue might not be such a big deal.

Last edited:
A "small overall percentage of block hours", has nothing to do with a weighted average of pilot compensation. The company chose to compare us for A321 pay to five or six airlines, only two of which acutally fly the A321. They said "only one" of the airlines pay the override when they certainly could have said 50% of the presented airlines that actually fly the 321 pay the override.

You're looking at it as a "similar type". A different, and I believe better, perspective is from a revenue standpoint - or even a liablity standpoint. You're now responsible for 40 more lives on your plane and your flying around 40 more seats worth of revenue. The only thing you get out of it is 40 more possiblities for a gate return.

If you want to stick with arguing that we're more like AK or WN, I won't argue with you. Maybe if we were anywhere near AK or WN in pay, or health insurance, or retirement, or profit-sharing, or vacation, this issue might not be such a big deal.

Their is no reason to limit the discussion to the 321, which few companies operate. We have the 737 in our pay review process for a reason, and I am pretty sure you do NOT want to remove the 737 from our pay review process. The 737 is more common, and fills the same mission as the A320-321. It is most often paid as a single pay rate.

Either way, I have already said, many times, that I support increasing pilot compensation based on the additional revenue, just not as a 321 only pay rate or 321 only override.

Also, I have said our number ONE priority should be improving the rest of our contract to better align us with AK and WN's overall contract. That is far more important and beneficial to this group than a pay override for 30 airplanes.

By the way, Delta pays LESS on the MD88-MD90 than they pay on the A320, A319, and 737-700, even though the MD88-MD90 have MORE seats.

Delta also pays the same rate for the 757 and 767. Not only does the 767 have more seats, but it is a WIDEBODY!

As I have said before, SOME PAY MORE FOR A STRETCHED COMMON TYPE, MANY/MOST DO NOT.

EITHER WAY, WE HAVE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO FIX HERE AT BLUE.

So to recap, currently only Spirit and US Airways fly the A321 in the United States. Spirit pays a 10% override and US Airways pays the same as the A320?

Southwest only recently added the 737-800. Alaska recently added the 737-900. Guess what, same pay.

Man you are desperate.
The contract required negotiation.

Did swapa give back or get something for agreeing to operate the new aircraft.

Give us the context not the headline.

Come on stop acting like a kindergartener. What did swaps gain?

The bottom line is this:

Jetblue pilots are undercompensated in multitudes of areas to include base pay, vacation, sick time, health insurance, and retirement.

This is another example of our ELT doing what they can (because we are non-union) to keep their costs down and not compensating us to the level they promised (industry average) five years ago.

Period. Dot.

I have no problem with 320/321 getting same pay, that is as long it it is at DAL, ALK,SWA rates.

I don't give a crap about the company data on 321 pay. I have seen biased info and data from the PVC as well. I care about the totality of data, and it clearly shows no industry mandate for a separate pay rate for a stretched common type (A319-320-321, 737-700-800-900 etc...). Some due pay an override, more than half or even most

United and Delta both pay separate pay rates for different gauges of the same type. The two biggest airlines in the US. No mandate huh?

So you are wrong in your spewing.

Later....

The contract required negotiation.

Did swapa give back or get something for agreeing to operate the new aircraft.

Give us the context not the headline.

Come on stop acting like a kindergartener. What did swaps gain?

Whatever it was, it was NOT a pay override or pay rate for just a small number of airplanes. Wow, what a coincidence, that is exactly what I have been suggesting.... Improve our OVERALL comp package, not just a pay raise for small group of pilots....

Your arguments have been an epic failure, how embarrassing.

Latest resources

Back