• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

StarChecker

Warp this...
Announced yesterday...

No pay increase for the A321. Not surprising, but just another of the 1000 little cuts that make the decision to move on to a Big-Boy Airline that much easier.

So we pay less for the 190, but now that the bigger airplane is on the way, no more money. I'm sure if the 319/318 showed up instead of the 190, they would have paid the same as the 320.....:rolleyes:

From our "advocate" Chief Pilot:
As we've reiterated many times, it is our goal to pay you competitively, and to do so, we need to adopt pay structures that are competitive with our peers. With that in mind, and given our upcoming delivery of new aircraft, we are planning a single pay rate for the entire A320 family of aircraft (A319/A320/A321)

Now pay attention, BlueBelles:
"...it is our goal to pay you competitively..."

Anyone remember when the goal was Industry Average? Interesting how the language has changed.

And how does one define "competitively"? It is yet another moving target whose strings are firmly controlled by ELT, Flight Ops, F&H, and MWW. Industry average goes up 18.3% next year alone. Too bad the goal is no longer average but competitive.

And Lucy yanks the football away yet again...suckers.

Next.....

Frontier has the same pay scale for 318/319/320/321. We don't have any 321s and our last of the 318s are gone. I agree with you that 321 should pay more if it isn't already incorporated into your agreement with JB. The thing is damn near as big as a 757.

The vote cant happen soon enough. My prediction is the OC files within a month after the pay review results are announced and signed.

Silly bluepilots... Don't you know you have culture! You have to sacrifice to work here and be happy about it.

Long live the bluethisphere!

The vote cant happen soon enough. My prediction is the OC files within a month after the pay review results are announced and signed.

A vote will be scheduled once enough cards are signed and delivered. The company already stated that there will be no pay raise until 3a is complete. Also, history has proven that an increase in hourly rates does not necessarily constitute a pay raise. Without proper work rules and a means to hold the company accountable (a la CBA), their version of a pay raise doesn't mean squat. All previous "pay raises" have been cost neutral for the company. This will never change until we pursue a CBA with proper representation. Just sayin.

NK has a 10% override for the A321 as a function of A321 block hours flown to the rest of the fleet. No reason B6 shouldn't pay at least that if not more.

So let me get this straight. We have no international or 321 override pay. Our rigs are a joke; 10hr 3 days & 17hr 4 days. In the past 12 almost every carrier has seen a bump in overall pay while B6 keeps delaying, health care deductibles & premiums go up, management announces a lower than expected quarter while everyone else is killing it. In turn we get new uniforms and a crew motel built in training. Seems like there's a ton of graffiti on the wall.

"If you can't spot the sucker at the table, you are the sucker"

Either vote for a union or vote with your feet and leave for one of the many legacy jobs opening up over the next few years.

Latest resources

Back