• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No Reserve Pilots at USAIR East?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think he's a DAL guy...he was going on and on about DOH and how that is the way to go in our arbitration. I don't think a single DAL pilot felt that way.

Sure hope your right, but I do remember a Delta pilot on the ALPA board who was quite vocal about the results of the Nicolau award shortly after it came out .Couldn't figure out why it put such a burr under his saddle until someone mentioned his wife was an eastie. Just got to wondering if it was our beloved "Marty"of FltInfo.com fame.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
A word to the wise

Just a thought to those inclined to sick out your last month or two. Several years (2003 +/-) ago I visited a base C/P who recounted how he was contacted by a prospective employer of a recently furloughed Airways guy. The prospective pilot had a less than stellar dependability record. I don't think he got the job.

Do what ya want.

Just a thought to those inclined to sick out your last month or two. Several years (2003 +/-) ago I visited a base C/P who recounted how he was contacted by a prospective employer of a recently furloughed Airways guy. The prospective pilot had a less than stellar dependability record. I don't think he got the job.

Do what ya want.

Not a sick out. The company cut too much.

Boy you must be that "CP" that fragged a fellow pilot trying to find a job. No where in this thead has anyone on either side said anything about a sick out. Get a clue.

PS

If your story is true the actions of the "CP " are highly illegal and worth a law suit.

Almost 300. No one on reserve in PHL. Looks like SEA might cancel. Lack of crews.

M

Actually, only about 40 +/- furloughs on the east so far with another 50 or so in the next 6 months (supposedly). Currently, 118 on the west with 43 more by May 1st. LAS-JFK cancelled last night. Lack of crews.

Last edited:
Many many open trips for the 22. No pilots are on reserve. Do not answer the phone.

M

Unfortunately DP doesn't run an airline... He runs a stock price and when gas prices where font page news the Wall Street buffoons loved to hear the word 'reduction' regardless if it would cause more harm than good

Unfortunately DP doesn't run an airline... He runs a stock price and when gas prices where font page news the Wall Street buffoons loved to hear the word 'reduction' regardless if it would cause more harm than good

Yup. USAir is gonna shrink right back into the east coast airline that it was before the merger. It would be nice to finally find a management team that is actually interested in running an airline. USAir just keeps getting and keeping the same scumbags that screw it up time and time again.

I actually wonder why the east middle managers want to go back to being a one trick east coast pony. I mean really, didn't they learn from shutting down PSA that a major airline should actually service the WHOLE country.

Disclaimer. This is not an east bashing post. It is a management bashing post. Don't get your panties in a wad

I think it would be a huge mistake to shrink the West. I wish that the West prospers and that you never have to experience what the East has. We are half the size we were 5 years ago.

I really feel bad for Midwest Express Pilots. I see parallels with USAIR back in 2004. Outsourcing, loss of pay, loss of jobs.

M

MCDU said:
Many many open trips for the 22. No pilots are on reserve. Do not answer the phone.

M

I think its so cute that your boyfriend allows you access to his schedule and that you're aware of his every (easthole) move.
BTW, how's the job search going after that UAL furlough?
I think it would be a huge mistake to shrink the West. I wish that the West prospers and that you never have to experience what the East has. We are half the size we were 5 years ago.

I really feel bad for Midwest Express Pilots. I see parallels with USAIR back in 2004. Outsourcing, loss of pay, loss of jobs.

M

Is this what you girls talk about at flight sim conventions or is it mostly talk about your "partners in action?":laugh:
What's even funnier is mcdoosh searches the internet looking for "gay" activities.
Thanks marty, you continue to show just why you've earned the name mcdoosh!:laugh:

Latest resources

Back