• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

No Reserve Pilots at USAIR East?

MCDU

Total Time
Looks like there are no pilots avail on reserve on the Airbus. Good thing the weather is ok. Scheduleing keeps callng looking for pilots who want to work. Way to go with all the furloughs.

M

MCDU

Total Time

grog_sit_reserv

Crashcave Lounger
Total Time
Uknown
Well, MCDU, you are a mc******************************; but here's where I agree with you.
With folks on furlough east and west, I sure hope those trips get canceled.
But, I'm sure someone will pick 'em up.

Scope out RJ's

Banned
Total Time
Looks like there are no pilots avail on reserve on the Airbus. Good thing the weather is ok. Scheduleing keeps callng looking for pilots who want to work. Way to go with all the furloughs.

M

Why does a furloughed UAL pilot care so much about Us Air East?

PHXFLYR

USAir by default
Total Time
>0;<1
His honey flies there. i think he's a Delta pilot if you can believe it.

PHXFLYR

MCDU

Total Time
Dope, my FI stalker has struck again!

Dope ES and PLZ D!

M

LaGarbage Man

Total Time
Lot's
Only one reserve for 12/15/08 for the E190 as well although there is a rumor flying around CLT that some folks have received a letter rescinding there furlough notice. I have my 02/04/09 out the door date and no such letter in my mailbox so take it for what it is worth. A rumor.

LaGarbage Man

Total Time
Lot's
Disregard my previous post. Just got off the phone with the furlough commitee chairman and he shot it right down. Sorry guy/gals just a rumor.

JAB31

Total Time
6000+
Is there any more furloughs planned after Feb? I know there is a January 4th and February 4th furlough group, and was told that would be it....but I am sure I am wrong.

LaGarbage Man

Total Time
Lot's
I did not ask him that question but he did mention furloughs thru April. No numbers were given and I believe that the Feb. 4th group is substantial, it should be pretty cose to finishing off what some of us are calling the third list. We were discussing the union supplied health care plans and April was mentioned as the month were they might be able to get an idea as to how many folks are going to take them up on the medical coverage. When they know the total number they will be better able to detemine the percentage that they can afford to pay for.

Captzaahlie

My kind of FOD!
Total Time
18k ?
We were discussing the union supplied health care plans and April was mentioned as the month were they might be able to get an idea as to how many folks are going to take them up on the medical coverage. When they know the total number they will be better able to detemine the percentage that they can afford to pay for.

Mean while the rest of us go with out health insurance...

E-Man

Total Time
Only one reserve for 12/15/08 for the E190 as well although there is a rumor flying around CLT that some folks have received a letter rescinding there furlough notice. I have my 02/04/09 out the door date and no such letter in my mailbox so take it for what it is worth. A rumor.

HA HA HA HA HA! That's awesome!!! One reserve! I got my January letter about 6 weeks prior to furlough date. So for Feb, it's probably showing up just in time for your stocking stuffer...

I was lucky to find a good flying job and took a Dec LOA to start it. Certainly not laughing at the furloughs, but I hope USair screws themselves and cancels trips due to lack of staffing. That's the part I find amusing. I truly wish you all the best! I'm hoping this job works out and I don't look back......

Happy festivus!

JAB31

Total Time
6000+
Looks like its happening again, apparently there has been a lack of 190 reserve FO's in CLT, none today I was told ...

MCDU

Total Time
Almost 300. No one on reserve in PHL. Looks like SEA might cancel. Lack of crews.

M

PHXFLYR

USAir by default
Total Time
>0;<1
Ahh that refreshed my memory from the ALPA National Board.

Exactly. He was very anti-Nicolau when the list came out. Couldn't figure out why with him being a Delta guy until someone mentioned Mama was an eastie.If my hunch is correct,I wonder how he feels about his arbitrated award.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited: