• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No pressure fatigue calls?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I began to notice fatigue once half way back on the last flight of a looong day on our last of a 4 day. Enroute we were talking about how tired we were starting to feel and how long a day it had been. I was PF... night visual into atlanta... took over the radios after taxiing off and realized we were still on approach... neither of us caught it. Fatigue was definitely one of the factors. Lucky it was only a small problem. I am sure many of you have experienced far worse. But in this case we didn't even key in on it until mid flight.

I agree that the company wants to avoid something as devastating to the bank account as a crash. At the same time, the company wants the flight completed. We've all been in a situation where we were just fatigued enough to successfully complete a flight and at the same time narrowly avoid a major violation.

The company has no right to tell me when to put my career on the line. And the fact that they care about fatigue, as we do, is merely coincidental.

It's all about $$$ for them. You have to watch out for #1.

So which is it Lazylighnin....? Do they want a dangerous situation regarding fatigue or don't they? Me thinks you are trying to milk this like your screen name...."LAZY"..... An accident is good for me or the company....I don't fly when I am fatigued and the company doesn't want me to either....Some of you whiny girls don't understand what true "fatique" is. I and others are getting tired of your constant whining.....

I began to notice fatigue once half way back on the last flight of a looong day on our last of a 4 day. Enroute we were talking about how tired we were starting to feel and how long a day it had been. I was PF... night visual into atlanta... took over the radios after taxiing off and realized we were still on approach... neither of us caught it. Fatigue was definitely one of the factors. Lucky it was only a small problem. I am sure many of you have experienced far worse. But in this case we didn't even key in on it until mid flight.

You better just bypass the recall then....wouldn't want you to miss out on your rest.....:rolleyes:

So which is it Lazylighnin....? Do they want a dangerous situation regarding fatigue or don't they? Me thinks you are trying to milk this like your screen name...."LAZY"..... An accident is good for me or the company....I don't fly when I am fatigued and the company doesn't want me to either....Some of you whiny girls don't understand what true "fatique" is. I and others are getting tired of your constant whining.....

What are you Jar Jar Binks? What's up with this "me thinks" jargon?

Personally have never thrown the "fatigue" flag to get out of a flight, JoeMerchant, but how is intimidating pilots (which the CP's and this form do) to operate flights after they have admitted to being fatigued not a safety issue? For whatever reason they may be fatigued.

What are you Jar Jar Binks? What's up with this "me thinks" jargon?

Personally have never thrown the "fatigue" flag to get out of a flight, JoeMerchant, but how is intimidating pilots (which the CP's and this form do) to operate flights after they have admitted to being fatigued not a safety issue? For whatever reason they may be fatigued.

So no harm if you decide to stay out late and have a few instead of getting some rest? So no harm if you decide to commute in on an early flight instead of coming the night before to get rest? So no harm if you choose to stay in the crew lounge instead of getting a hotel or a crash pad?

I have used fatigue before, and have never had a problem....If it is legit, it will be OK...If it isn't, then you should be concerned.....

Some of you should go find a nice 9 to 5 job since you seem to not want to deal with what happens in this job....

JB sure is a whole lot tougher behind a computer screen than he is in person, lol... another internet tough guy. He'd never speak to someone like that in the crew lounge and everyone knows it.

JB sure is a whole lot tougher behind a computer screen than he is in person, lol... another internet tough guy. He'd never speak to someone like that in the crew lounge and everyone knows it.

I'm not hiding behind a screen name....Everyone knows who I am...I say the same thing in person as I do here. Come on WF, you know better....:D

I'm not hiding behind a screen name....Everyone knows who I am...I say the same thing in person as I do here. Come on WF, you know better....:D

Please, John. WF? Really? You know who I am, because we had this conversation, so what's up with dragging WF into it? You're so pathetic. Everyone at ASA hates you... maybe you should quit. I'm sorry you screwed up your life so much that you didn't even bother applying at Delta. Some of us moved on. Don't be hatin'.

Please, John. WF? Really? You know who I am, because we had this conversation, so what's up with dragging WF into it? You're so pathetic. Everyone at ASA hates you... maybe you should quit. I'm sorry you screwed up your life so much that you didn't even bother applying at Delta. Some of us moved on. Don't be hatin'.

OK WF....why would I quit...I'm happy here. It's some of you that don't sound too happy and should probably quit. I'm not moving on....just wish some who aren't happy would....

So no harm if you decide to stay out late and have a few instead of getting some rest? So no harm if you decide to commute in on an early flight instead of coming the night before to get rest? So no harm if you choose to stay in the crew lounge instead of getting a hotel or a crash pad?

I have used fatigue before, and have never had a problem....If it is legit, it will be OK...If it isn't, then you should be concerned.....

Some of you should go find a nice 9 to 5 job since you seem to not want to deal with what happens in this job....

If the reasons you listed are really the reasons for the onslaught of fatigue calls recently, then no. It's not all right. But we all know that the word "fatigue" has only just now surfaced because the company decided to push the limits of the pilot group.

So no, I don't have sympathy for ASA and it's management. They are acting as if their actions haven't directly had an impact on these fatigue calls.

Sure a few bad apples will slip threw the cracks and every once in a while try to milk the system by screaming "fatigued", but slipping through the cracks is the same way people like Linda W got hired. It's gonna happen, but it's seldom. Get over it.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back