No pressure fatigue calls?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ahh, come on!! If you buy that..

I can look at a pairing and tell you in 5 seconds if it's fatiguing or not. So ASA is suddenly trying to convene panels and conduct "studies" on things that have been known for YEARS. It's a farce. They know if (when) they put one in the dirt they can fall back on this and say-

Hey, we tried but stimed by those bad boy pilots who wouldn't fill out the survey

I've got a suggestion- hire someone with an IQ over 100 who can put together a trip to save their life.

If it is just to gather data... then why can it not be anonymous? I asked around and found that Netjets does the same thing but it is supposedly anonymous. Anyway, just saying.

good point, but they probably want to see the pairing involved, maybe see what hotels are involved etc...in case there's a pattern

I can look at a pairing and tell you in 5 seconds if it's fatiguing or not. So ASA is suddenly trying to convene panels and conduct "studies" on things that have been known for YEARS. It's a farce. They know if (when) they put one in the dirt they can fall back on this and say-

Hey, we tried but stimed by those bad boy pilots who wouldn't fill out the survey

I've got a suggestion- hire someone with an IQ over 100 who can put together a trip to save their life.

Absolutely. The company couldn't care less about your health. You are, after all, just an employee number. The only things that matter to them are $$$ and CYA. If it ever happens to benefit the pilot group, it's merely coincidence

So Oakum....Is a "red eye" from the west coast fatiguing? Should we ban them? Should a crew just be able to wave the "fatigue" flag before a "red eye" from the west coast?

What do we do with those who are abusing the "fatigue" flag? Give them a free pass?

Absolutely. The company couldn't care less about your health. You are, after all, just an employee number. The only things that matter to them are $$$ and CYA. If it ever happens to benefit the pilot group, it's merely coincidence

You're an idiot if you don't think the company cares about fatigue induced incidents. From a cost issue, don't you think they worry about accidents? An accident costs far more than giving you rest. The issue is those who abuse the fatigue issue for personal reasons....what do we do about them?

You're an idiot if you don't think the company cares about fatigue induced incidents. From a cost issue, don't you think they worry about accidents? An accident costs far more than giving you rest. The issue is those who abuse the fatigue issue for personal reasons....what do we do about them?

Thank you for further proving my point, JB. Reading comprehension is a good train. You should get on it.

Don't forget to factor in productivity. A guy at work is more cost effective than one who is sick for a few weeks. The company is still paying taxes and bennies while he isn't working.

Thank you for further proving my point, JB. Reading comprehension is a good train. You should get on it.

So you agree that the company doesn't want pilots being fatigued? Somehow I doubt that is what you think....

So you agree that the company doesn't want pilots being fatigued? Somehow I doubt that is what you think....

I agree that the company wants to avoid something as devastating to the bank account as a crash. At the same time, the company wants the flight completed. We've all been in a situation where we were just fatigued enough to successfully complete a flight and at the same time narrowly avoid a major violation.

The company has no right to tell me when to put my career on the line. And the fact that they care about fatigue, as we do, is merely coincidental.

It's all about $$$ for them. You have to watch out for #1.

Latest resources

Back