• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No more SMO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have no faith in the FAA after they allowed Daily close Meigs. The FAA will huff and puff but thats about it. I, for one, am glad that SMO is no longer available. I hated going into that place.

I hate SMO and SUPERMARINE... I need to keep my Citation above a 121 kts from the Final Approach fix so I can go somewhere more friendly like BUR or VNY!

Have to disagree, the SuperAtlantic crew has been good to me for the two years I've been stealing cookies there.

Depends. All the girls behind the counter always acted like we were bugging them while the rampers were mad we asked for services. I think the only time I ever got good service was when I bought 1000 gallons of fuel then they couldnt wait to help.

On Tuesday the SMO city attorney has responded with a "screw you" to the FAA demand of withdrawing the ban. The FAA's next expected move will be a cease and desist order.

I'd find an alternate for the next few years.

On Tuesday the SMO city attorney has responded with a "screw you" to the FAA demand of withdrawing the ban. The FAA's next expected move will be a cease and desist order.

I'd find an alternate for the next few years.

This is their attitude about everything. Mario said if I rang the bell and did not respond properly that he would seize our aircraft and put me in jail.

Yep, you can't make any noise, but I would challenge you to go walk down by the pier and NOT find someone smoking dope right in the open on the sidewalk. When I saw it a Cop walked by and did nothing.:eek: I hate that place.

Depends. All the girls behind the counter always acted like we were bugging them while the rampers were mad we asked for services. I think the only time I ever got good service was when I bought 1000 gallons of fuel then they couldnt wait to help.

I second that. I have always hated this airport. I've spend countless hours waiting around at Supermarine, now Atlantic with the same people. The service is bad and the gas is expensive.

This is not the only reason I don't like SMO the approach frankly sucks if there is any kind of weather, the runway is relatively short, the 11pm airport closure has nearly bitten us and the takeoff procedure isn't bad but is just another thing that can come back to haunt you if you do set off the noise alarm.

I would much rather go to VNY or BUR or LAX. All of them have precision approaches and enough runway if it is raining.

I knew this would eventually happen but I didn't think I would come so fast. Good riddance SMO!

I'm there on a weekly basis. Sh!tty service, rude ppl, expensive gas (at least I get atlantic bucks now), no ramp space, useless approach when there's fog, looooong dalays getting out, noise police........ As a previous poster said, Good riddance.

Latest resources

Back