• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No more Skywest flying for Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think this is a good move by SkyWest... Not quite sure what Republic is thinking!!! Time will tell. (and we won't have to wait long)

Republic must have a long term win strategy in making this move but I don't see it. Could republic be looking at buying Midwest and starting a pseudo branded operation?

Republic must have a long term win strategy in making this move but I don't see it. Could republic be looking at buying Midwest and starting a pseudo branded operation?

Tap, Tap, Tap! (The nails that they are hammering into their own coffin!)

The good thing about Republic is that they have their hand in many cookie jars and any one could be closed without much of a disruption to overall operations. Even if they lose money on this deal, it will only bring them inline with most other carriers that are losing money. Of course this all depends upon a positive cash flow, which Republic will have to rely on Midwest to actually pay their bills.

There seems to be a lot of haters on here. I can't believe the amount of negativity in this industry. Republic is doing something different here, hanging it out into the wind, a different approach so to speak. I can agree that yes, we need to get better pay and work rules with these airplanes. Yes, we need to figure out what to do with the employees of Midwest, because this is a bushel of sour grapes. But let's be honest with ourselves, this isn't your dad and mum's industry. Everything is changing and we've got to get out of the thought process of, "There should be Legacies, and we should all be making 300k." Sorry boys and girls, I'm sorry to say, I think those days are gone, possibly never to return. So instead of bitching at each other like a bunch of little girls, we need to get our heads together and be supportive and lend each other their union's expertise to make sure things are done fairly. I'm with you in most respects. We need to insure that our futures are intact, but not relaxing and if can at some point, gain more scope protection. I have to say that I am happy that the SWA pilots held on to scope at least.

Latest resources

Back