• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No More classes....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I too was one who turned down a Falcon class date (early 2001) with NJA. Funny, looking back, that all the talk at that time was how close they were to a new contract.

I am curious, however, with all this talk of no more classes in 2003, reduction / cuts in aircraft orders and deliveries, why there is a current advertisement for pilots dated 06APR03 for NJA/NJI crews? Are both just beefing up resume/applications in anticipation?

One last note, I found it humorous that the NJA ad said they were hiring "Citation, Hawker, Falcon AND BBJ pilots." I thought BBJ crews were super senior, or are they still hiring training captain's?

2000Flyer

2000flyer said:
I am curious...why there is a current advertisement for pilots dated 06APR03 for NJA/NJI crews?

...the NJA ad said they were hiring "Citation, Hawker, Falcon AND BBJ pilots."

The only reference you provided was a date. Would you care to list which periodical you are paraphrasing?

Until then, it could be openings for NJ Europe or Mid East.

Last edited:
NJA Capt said:
The only reference you provided was a date. Would you care to list which periodical you are paraphrasing?

Until then, it could be openings for NJ Europe or Mid East.

NJA Capt,

The ad was on AviaNation . Addresses were Columbus and Okatie SC.

2000Flyer

2000flyer said:
The ad was on AviaNation .

You pay $8.95/month for that? :eek:

I'm not going to become a member in order to read the reference. From the scarce details provided, it sounds like they are publishing the info, and our addresses, on their own accord. Would you really believe a third party website before the actual employees posting above? I personally don't believe that AviaNation is one of our designated head hunters. Nor do I believe, with a backlog of 1000+ pilots in the interview pool, and withholding applications, that we would be advertising for pilots.

The quote you referenced a few posts back was taken straight from the NetJets website and was a description for the addresses. It in no way implied needing BBJ or any other pilots. I guess they chose not to link to the recruitment phone number which says we are no longer accepting apps.

No-one has been hired into the BBJ since the original training Captains long ago.

NJA Capt,

First off, have a seat and take a deep breath, bud!

:
You pay $8.95/month for that?

1. I don't pay a dime for AviaNation. I checked out their site one day and have access. I don't have a resume online, with them or anyone else. Dont' ask me why I have access, I just do. No need to be dressed down

The quote you referenced a few posts back was taken straight from the NetJets website and was a description for the addresses. It in no way implied needing BBJ or any other pilots. I guess they chose not to link to the recruitment phone number which says we are no longer accepting apps.

2. I'm not trying to stir the pot or draw fire here. I saw a post and asked a simple question. I didn't imply, infer or promote anything. I saw therefore I asked. Nothing more, nothing less. I have long questioned most websites advertising jobs. I agree most are copied from one another. The ad said "Citation....BBJ" therefore, the ad IMPLIED BBJ, NOT ME!

I'm not going to become a member in order to read the reference.

3. Who said you should or have to? I certainly wouldn't be if I had to pay for the info. But, like many pilot's, I look as long as it remains free.

Finally, don't be so quick to jump and point fingers. As I said, I saw therefore I asked. Isn't that what this message board is for, sharing info and verifying info?

Regards,
2000Flyer

PS - There is a direct link at the bottom of the ad to NetJets website. I guess they figured we're a smart group of folks who can look deeper than the ad to see whats going on. And, surprisingly, when I checked out the website, I too found the number for pilot recruitment. However, since I'm not looking for a job I didn't call to listen.

By the way, on the site today is an ad for NJA Europe. Yes, the link to NetJets is still at the bottom. Go figure.:p

Last edited:
2000flyer,

My apologies if you thought I was pointing a finger a you personally. I was merely being skeptical of the ad in question, not your observation. Keep in mind that you started a thread but provided very few details of the content. When I asked for details, you provided a link to a members only website. While you may have unfettered access to that site, myself and the others reading this post do not.

Finally, don't be so quick to jump and point fingers...I saw therefore I asked. -2000flyer
Ditto.

Like you, I tend to be very doubtful of the pilot job postings on many websites.

Regards,
NJA Capt

I, personally spoke with one of the recruiting ladies whom I am friends with and was told the latest hiring number was 120 and may change for the worse for 2003. Also, the EJM pilots have or will have priority with interview and hiring.
Just a couple of days ago talked to an EJM Falcon crew and they confirmed the furlough possibility rumors, as they will be selling the Falcons. Also they have heard about the priority and know the seniority implications, ie. bottom of the list.

NJA Capt and others,

I guess I never considered the link was indeed to a "members only" site. I'm sorry about that.

Again, I'm not sure how or why I'm getting free access, other than when I originally "signed up" it was stated that viewing would be through 3/31/03. I'll continue to check-in until they end my access. I don't know if viewing is free and the other items (posting resumes, online apps, etc are what they charge for).

A few years ago I was less than enthused with an online app service and vowed not to do it again.

Regards,
2000Flyer

Hey Bixby! Tell Tail King the chalk in on the ramp. That will get things going again. Class or no class, he's in and working.

Latest resources

Back