No More classes....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Just Peachy

Well guys, This was just picked up from our company board today. The last class to come on board at NJA was told, the company has deferred future classes until January ! UGH :eek:

Where did you see this message?
Gee, I've looked all over, can't find a thing about it on "our" boards.

look harder

Look under :new hire glad to be here...
about the last entry... this statement was made by the last pilot we hired....

Where did you here this?

I heard about 20 or 30 out of 260 orders were cancelled.

Several XL's were delivered last week.

Bullseye Griz.......

My Brother from another Mother.......

I just came from CMH and the ramp was full of XL's and X's. The maint super told me that cessna needed to make their numbers look better so we took delivery of six excels and three tens. We are moving ahead, but getting more efficient and also negotiating the new contract. Things are fine at Netjets and with Bombardier's announcement, could be getting better. I, for one, would love to have 604's and the new 300's on our ramp; not to mention the 7X's.......

Three EJM pilots were called last week to start class in mid-April on the XLs. Two others have class dates in May and June for other aircraft. Maybe classes are limited to EJM displacements?

ps: Displacement isn't meant deragatorily. It's just that EJM pilots are considered "new hires" and NOT "transfers" and lose "time in service" and must start over in salary and 401(k) vestment. As greatful as our pilot group is for no layoffs, anytime one must take a hugh salary hit, it is a painful reminder that aviation is still a harsh industry.

Mark- You are right EJM pilots are now considered new hires. They have been giving preferential hiring but are still new hires. Some ejm pilots think they should hold their senority but it's not gonna happen. NJA, NJM, and NJI are completly different companies and you don't get to keep your senority when leaving one for another.

NetJets question

For you NetJets (EJA) guys. I was wondering just for sh!ts and grins, If a guy had a class date of late Aug or early Sept. of 2000 where would he be now on the overall sen. list? What type of equipment could he hold and what salary range? It dosent have to be exact just ballpark. Thanks.

Latest resources

Back