• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No more bashing other airlines - Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This idiot must be some adults 13 year old kid who got daddies password and decided to get on here and have some fun.
An informed pilot who knows ANYTHING about the industry would never get on here and make such an idiotic statement.

An ADULT would know the Comair pilots put EVERY THING on the line back in 2001 to raise the bar.
An ADULT would know that after the Comair pilots raised the bar, the mesa, chawawa, and skywhore pilots slid right under it like slimmy slugs and gave mgt. the hammer they needed.
An ADULT would know that THE MESA, CHAWAWA, AND SKYHO pilot agreements set the market rates well below what the Comair pilots had set them.
An ADULT would know a little about the BK laws and 1113c rulings.

So kid, go drink some milk and have a cookie and GET OFF THIS WEB BOARD. IT IS FOR ADULTS ONLY!

An older adult would know that Comair lowered the bar initially by requiring pay for training...

Mookie

You are just the kind of clueless new hire we love to fly with...........

I am clueless? WAKE UP & re-read your last post... The regional airlines are not the place to be... You said it all, "Love to Fly" that the reason this bar is getting lower & lower because that love is getting abused at the regionals. A Job is a Job is a Job, you want to make nothing forever? That's great, I don't... Talk about lowering the bar, the whole regional airline industry is a low bar. I just assume kick it out of the way then slide under it but I don't make the rules of Pilot Competiveness...

Last edited:
This idiot must be some adults 13 year old kid who got daddies password and decided to get on here and have some fun.
An informed pilot who knows ANYTHING about the industry would never get on here and make such an idiotic statement.

An ADULT would know the Comair pilots put EVERY THING on the line back in 2001 to raise the bar.
An ADULT would know that after the Comair pilots raised the bar, the mesa, chawawa, and skywhore pilots slid right under it like slimmy slugs and gave mgt. the hammer they needed.
An ADULT would know that THE MESA, CHAWAWA, AND SKYHO pilot agreements set the market rates well below what the Comair pilots had set them.
An ADULT would know a little about the BK laws and 1113c rulings.

So kid, go drink some milk and have a cookie and GET OFF THIS WEB BOARD. IT IS FOR ADULTS ONLY!

If he's 13 he's old enough to remember when ASA and Comair were both owned by Big D, and when in the middle of ASA contract negotiations the Comair group agreed to lower wages in the hope that Big D would grant them a mystery jet called the E170. The 13 year old may even still have the "Comair pilots support ASA contract negotiations" sticker on his bmx bike.

At the decision point, it doesn't matter whether this is pre- or post-9/11. It doesn't matter if the Comair pilots are studs or not (they are!), or even if Delta is manufacturing the conflict at CMR as part of a long-term strategy to hammer the DCI carriers.

All that matters for the voting members at CMR is whether or not they think the TA is better than the alternative.

There won't be a balloting option of, "Really Angry!" or "Defending The Profession For My ASA Brothers!". The choices will consist of YES or NO.

Period.

YES will mean you believe:

1. The terms are better than would result from further action in court.
2. The pilot group is sufficiently divided to achieve a singular goal through alternative means. (I call it the "NWA Meets Hobson" scenario)

NO will mean you believe:

1. There is a reasonable chance you will improve the terms following a rejected TA.
2. You have a personal alternative that makes you less risk-sensitive. (I call it the "Meet my wife...the Doctor" scenario)

How is this any different than Delta pilot's experience in BK?

Um, I give up. How?

I guess since Delta wasn't mentioned in this thread and really has nothing to do with this thread, I didn't feel obligated to mention the plight of the Delta pilot. Feel free to educate us.

You know, the Earth doesn't revolve around Delta airplanes, despite what they tell you in ground school.

I'm just starting to read the TA now, but on our internal web board, some one was mentioning that the whole thing will be invalid if we get sold. Methinks this whole arguement will be moot, anyway.

I'm sure if we vote to approve this thing, we'll get slammed for caving.

If we don't, mangement gets to impose a contract, and we aren't allowed to strike.

either way, we won't be allowed to negotiate someting better for years.

I'll wait for the road show to finalize my opinion, but how is this not lose/lose?

Latest resources

Back