• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No More ATA At Capital

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
New ATA Holdings, with financing arranged by Matlin Patterson and JP Morgan Chase, purchased World Holdings and changed the name of ATA Holdings to Global Aero Logistics. That is a fact, it is irrefutable, and if you like I'll provide the documentation if it really matters to you. What's your beef? Guilty conscience?

I have no beef. Well, except for the beef I ate for dinner last night. Guilty conscience...no, but I am bitter about ATA ever going out of business. I wish ATA was still alive and well. Nobody in the pilots ranks has benefited from ATA's demise. You say you have proof then plz provide.

We had 3 valid scope grievances in progress at the time of the shutdown. ALPA National and their worthless attorneys decided to pursuade our nit-wit custodian to fold the cards in return for a few pennies on the dollar (which we still haven't gotten). Probably because they knew there would be no dues money forthcoming. What they didn't think about is the fact that abandoning these grievances just accelerates the profession's pathetic slide into oblivion that Cohen, Weiss and Simon and the limp-wristed, idiotic ALPA "leadership" are responsible for.

I'll bet your right here to a certain degree, but maybe the scope language in your contract just wasn't strong enough. Having said that, has anyone ever seen scope language that has held up in courts? Similar circumstance? I haven't.

Have you flown with any of the TZ pilots there? Do you have a problem with any of them? So some of the guys grumble on here - I think they are entitled to it. It's no skin off of your back, so suck it up, be a man, and shut up. As Capt. Seth said - ALPA sold the TZ pilots down the river and it's a dead issue anyhow.

I have flown with Ron T, Brian M and that polish FE Yan...(guy is a riot!) - all great fun and accomplished aviators. All have made a positive contribution to WOA.

OK,

Lets say ALPA won all three grievences in the June 08 hearing or shortly thereafter. What would you expect ALPA to do? 500 ATA pilots are grounded at GAL leaving 350 World crews and 200 NAA crews still conducting the business they had prior to the GAL purchase.

I don't know. If you were on the ATA side of the fence, what would YOU have ALPA do given the SCOPE language of ATA's & Worlds contracts (I don't know anything of NAA's)?

If you were involved in the union relationship between the three carriers, you would know full well that OUR intentions were to build an alliance to protect EVERYONE's jobs and workrules. Not to put people out of their seats. At all.And yes, I am bitter that I lost 14 years of seniority and a great career, but it wasn't the pilots at NAA or World's fault. Of course, the EXCO's were notably silent regarding our plight after the shutdown, but that's life. I've moved on. I'll post the relevant press releases when I get to a computer (I'm on my Treo) if you're that interested in the facts. But it is over now, dead issue.There are other clouds on the horizon.

If you were involved in the union relationship between the three carriers, you would know full well that OUR intentions were to build an alliance to protect EVERYONE's jobs and workrules. Not to put people out of their seats. At all.And yes, I am bitter that I lost 14 years of seniority and a great career, but it wasn't the pilots at NAA or World's fault. Of course, the EXCO's were notably silent regarding our plight after the shutdown, but that's life. I've moved on. I'll post the relevant press releases when I get to a computer (I'm on my Treo) if you're that interested in the facts. But it is over now, dead issue.There are other clouds on the horizon.

If your first post had this tone I would not have been offended. WOA and NAA pilots have nothing on their conscience concerning the actions we took after MP shut ATA down. If a post has that kind of tone don't be surprised if WOA/NAA crews react.

The former ATA crewmembers I have met at WOA have in now way shown any bitterness towards WOA crews.

Sorry for the mis-quote about the "dogs"and hunting.. and sorry about the P.F. reference.. its been a while since I was there as you might be able to tell.. basically I was commenting on the management style there, as I do know that many of those people have been there for a long time.. and they still share the same attitudes towards employees...

Does anyone know if a former ATA Sr. capt ( W. H.) was hired there? don't even know if he applied.. but he lives close by to Cappy.. just wondering..

Are you talking about "Rambo"?

Latest resources

Back