• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No More ATA At Capital

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
By all accounts, EW stood up and did the right thing. I believe it is appropriate at this point for Pissedoff to send his wife and daughter over to EW's place to "apologize" ;-)

It doesn't really matter who bought who (GAL/WOA/ATA). Somedude Karnick screwed ATA up when he attempted to muscle FedEx. He didn't understand the DOD business and the relationship ATA had with FedEx. Don't even get me going on that other arse clown Elmer Fudd...

Tristar, good post with lots of good info, but you are wrong in saying ATA Holdings bought WOA/NAA, it was Matlin P. who bought WOA/NAA, then formed GAL which under GAL was ATA, WOA, NAA. If what you said was true your scope would have gone much further in the courts than it did. Sorry for the thread hijack.

New ATA Holdings, with financing arranged by Matlin Patterson and JP Morgan Chase, purchased World Holdings and changed the name of ATA Holdings to Global Aero Logistics. That is a fact, it is irrefutable, and if you like I'll provide the documentation if it really matters to you. What's your beef? Guilty conscience?

We had 3 valid scope grievances in progress at the time of the shutdown. ALPA National and their worthless attorneys decided to pursuade our nit-wit custodian to fold the cards in return for a few pennies on the dollar (which we still haven't gotten). Probably because they knew there would be no dues money forthcoming. What they didn't think about is the fact that abandoning these grievances just accelerates the profession's pathetic slide into oblivion that Cohen, Weiss and Simon and the limp-wristed, idiotic ALPA "leadership" are responsible for.

[quote=CaptSeth;1771424]New ATA Holdings, with financing arranged by Matlin Patterson and JP Morgan Chase, purchased World Holdings and changed the name of ATA Holdings to Global Aero Logistics. That is a fact, it is irrefutable, and if you like I'll provide the documentation if it really matters to you. What's your beef? Guilty conscience?

Therefore, entitled to bid for positions on the B747, MD11, DC10, B767 and B757 in seniority order at any Global Air Logistics carrier.

Thanks Bellerophon [sarcasm]. This has been debated previously. What is your purpose here? Stirring up animosity? The ATA guys were completely screwed in the whole transaction. The fault of WOA or NAA pilots? No - you and I have already covered this.

Congratulations - you did well (thus far) in the airline lottery. There is no point in rubbing salt in the wounds of others. So some of them grumble and feel disenfranchised - they were. The only thing you are going to accomplish is to create dissension. As I said before - there are many TZ pilots who want nothing to do with another GAL carrier - and there are a number to want a job and would be thankful to be at WOA or NAA.

Have you flown with any of the TZ pilots there? Do you have a problem with any of them? So some of the guys grumble on here - I think they are entitled to it. It's no skin off of your back, so suck it up, be a man, and shut up. As Capt. Seth said - ALPA sold the TZ pilots down the river and it's a dead issue anyhow.

Hey Capt Seth started it.

Now with what you said:

ALPA sold the TZ pilots down the river and it's a dead issue anyhow.

With the shutdown of the ATA business, what do you think ALPA should have done?

[quote=CaptSeth;1771424]New ATA Holdings, with financing arranged by Matlin Patterson and JP Morgan Chase, purchased World Holdings and changed the name of ATA Holdings to Global Aero Logistics. That is a fact, it is irrefutable, and if you like I'll provide the documentation if it really matters to you. What's your beef? Guilty conscience?

Therefore, entitled to bid for positions on the B747, MD11, DC10, B767 and B757 in seniority order at any Global Air Logistics carrier.

That's a big leap in your "therefore" reasoning. Utter BS. Nobody has any entitlements here.

New ATA Holdings, with financing arranged by Matlin Patterson and JP Morgan Chase, purchased World Holdings and changed the name of ATA Holdings to Global Aero Logistics. That is a fact, it is irrefutable, and if you like I'll provide the documentation if it really matters to you. What's your beef? Guilty conscience?

Key words; Holding companies and MP called the shots. There is no guilt with the WOA or NAA pilots, nor should there be. What's your beef? Chip on shoulder? Sorry about ATA's demise but, name change or not, your management would have crashed ATA anyway. WOA/NAA had nothing to do with it.

Last edited:
Do you really want to go there?

Before we do, let's play the assumption game - let's assume:

Capt. Seth is exactly correct, and ATAH did buy WAH? What if technically WAH was the acquired company, and subject to ATA's scope effective the day of the purchase? Would you be willing to honor and accept that? We're not talking about after the shutdown, but again effective immediately on the day the transaction took place.

I'm not saying that's what happened, but before we waste a lot of time with he said/she said, you need to lay on the table whether you are playing honest cards or not. Address these issues without changing the subject or resorting to rhetoric.

I'm more than willing to accept the what if's should all of the above be false - what is your position should it be true? All I ask for is an intellectually honest debate (a rarity in forums such as this).

WAKA - You are dead on. I see this whole thing as pointless at this juncture, but Bello seems to have issues.

Latest resources

Back