Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
vclean said:
PCL_128,

Unless you are completely out of it, you must realize by now you have lost all credibility on this board. You made the PFT mistake, and now feel that you can rationalize your actions by dancing on the ALPA/MDA/U/CHQ soapbox. You continue to dig yourself into a hole.

If you feel the need to post something useful, create a new username. We are more likely to believe someone posting their first message, then listening to you.

I agree. I don't know how someone can be bashing on CHQ that is a PFT CRJ FO at Pinnacle. That's nothing to be proud of. Do I sense jealousy?

Flyingdawg,

Then we were working there at the same time. Why don't you PM me your name. I'd be interested in knowing which one of the Chautauqua originals had the crystal ball!

FurloughedAgain said:
Oh, and by the way Flyingdawg,

I believe that Stickman (page 5 of this thread) wasn't referring to scope or parity when he talked about, "...the fact that some chose poorly"

He did not come back and discuss his meaning so we are left to speculate -- but I believe that he meant that the decision to accept employment with US Airways was a poor decision.

Now I dont know if Stickman has a crystal ball, or other such Harry Potter magic, but if any of you folks were AROUND in 1999 you might have seen a very different world.

US Airways was taking delivery of a new airbus every week. They were hiring 100 pilots per MONTH. The CEO was known throughout aviation history for cleaning up and then merging airlines. After a 7 year hiatus in hiring, US Airways would offer the fastest upgrades of any major airline.

The airlines that you folks fall all over each other to fly for today weren't even on the career pilots radar screen. Jetblue did not exist. AirTran had just furloughed (Oct 98') and was still a dirtbag company.

To say that the decision to go fly for US Airways in 1999 was a poor one is frankly silly.

What would YOU have done?

I wasn't, I did, and I do. And for the record, I would never have gone to the former OWNERS of MAA. (AKA US AIRWAYS). The handwriting was on the wall, is on the wall, and is now just being re-written on the wall.

Or . . . so says my crystal ball.

FurloughedAgain said:
To say that the decision to go fly for US Airways in 1999 was a poor one is frankly silly.

What would YOU have done?

Something tells me that FlyingDawg was not offered a job after their interview with USAirways.

Benefit of the doubt Flyingdawg, which airline TODAY offered you a flying position would you accept and not accept?

Parity + 1%. May I remind you that this was Stephen Wolf's idea? It takes TWO to sign a contract.
Furlough, Are you telling me that Wolf put that in the contract? The is a moron, I'll grant you that, but I don't think even he was dumb enough to put that in the contract.

The reason it was granted is because they (management) were well into the United merger and basically would have agreed to give you space shuttle rates if you had put them in the contract, just to shut you up.

Yes, it is managements fault for agreeing to the deal, but if I'm not mistaken, the pilots all threatened to walk if the deal was not signed. The union held the upper hand and management went along with it.

Also, I have not a clue what the F-28 rates were to fly the RJ's. Could you post them sometime.

US.Air did fly some of the biggest RJ's back in 2000-2002. Clt-GSO-CLT, I flew in a Dash behind a 757. Nothing like a 190 seat rj flying half full on a 200 mile rnd trip.

Blzr,

When Wolf PROPOSED parity plus 1% the UAL merger was not even on the radar screen.

You said, "...If I'm not mistaken, the pilots all threatened to walk if the deal was not signed. The union held the upper hand..."

USAir ALPA has never had the upper hand in any negotiation. Too much division in the ranks due to multiple mergers. Wolf shoved parity +1% down the pilots throats.

Here's the F28 (group 4) rates you asked for:

Year F/O
2 $46.21
5 $60.96
10 $67.94
top $69.80

Year Capt
2 $92.42
5 $95.10
10 $99.77
top $102.19

min 12 days off
78 hr guarantee for short-call reserve
75 hr guarantee for reserve

Min line value 71 hrs
Max line value 85 hrs

By the way...this agreement was signed in January of 1998. The United merger was announced in May of 2000.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back