No MDA pilots take Republic deal..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PFT_128 said:
Actually, I have nothing against the CHQ pilot group as a whole. I have two friends that work there in fact. The only people I have a problem with are the guys like Traumahawk that say the furloughed USAir and WO'd pilots should just be happy with whatever scraps Republic throws their way.

I have problems with the johns who give in to management pimps and will actually pay for a crummy job. Talk about taking scraps you paid for them. WTF.

Thanks for the vine and thanks for the time. I am out!

PFT_128 said:
Actually, I have nothing against the CHQ pilot group as a whole. I have two friends that work there in fact. The only people I have a problem with are the guys like Traumahawk that say the furloughed USAir and WO'd pilots should just be happy with whatever scraps Republic throws their way.

Yeah better to be on the streets than to wait out their furlough working. I'm sure our current J4J's guys would rather not work. By the way how many Northwest J4J's are at Pinnacle?

Capt.PoopyPants said:
By the way how many Northwest J4J's are at Pinnacle?

We don't have a J4J program. We do have about 50 furloughed NWA pilots though. They received preferential interviews a couple of years ago. Nearly all of them have upgraded now.

PFT_128 said:
We don't have a J4J program. We do have about 50 furloughed NWA pilots though. They received preferential interviews a couple of years ago. Nearly all of them have upgraded now.

And your complaining about how CHQ is treating MDA pilots. You truly do not know what the hell is going on.

PFT_128 said:

Talk about offering scraps. Hypocrite.

Thanks for the vine and thanks for the time. I am out!

Capt.PoopyPants said:
And your complaining about how CHQ is treating MDA pilots. You truly do not know what the hell is going on.

Did I ever say that I was happy with our arrangement at Pinnacle? Nope, didn't think so. I thought it was ridiculous to require these guys to interview. They should have been brought on with no questions asked. The MEC did the best they could to get a good deal for the furloughs, but the CP wasn't too happy to be bringing them on at all.

My problem isn't with your company's offer. That's just to be expected from scumbag management. My problem is with the few CHQ pilots defending it and saying that the MDA pilots should just be happy with whatever they can get. We can all expect management to treat the MDA pilots like crap, but their fellow pilots shouldn't be trying to justify it.

Smacktard said:
You've been in class, what...all of 2 weeks. Congrats to Chautauqua's biggest cheerleader, he can finally put the e-170 in his profile!

Well Try 2 months not 2 weeks. At least I'm proud of who I work for and don't have a problem defending the pilot group either. Can you?

Last edited:
Stick Man said:
The dire straits that most are in nowadays are situations that could have been avoided by solidarity and fortitude.

GAWD I love it when people prove my point for me. Solidarity and fortitude.... thats exactly what the MDA guys are showing. Sure would be nice if the CHQ guys grew a sack and showed some solidarity and fortitude for the airline profession as a whole instead of just demonstrating the same greed that continually destroys our collective future as airline pilots.

As far as being an A55muncher... I'm sorry your not old enough to appreciate the joy of munching on a little bit of trim. Some day... after your boys drop and sprout a little bit of hair... you'll understand the joys of A55munching. Until then... just more trim for me!

Latest resources

Back