No longer a rumor - United will hire..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
*snicker*

Did you defer politely and change the subject, or did you explain it to them?

I just laughed in their face......

No, I was polite and I said something to the effect that I was just curious but I plan on staying at UPS. I hope I never want to eat my words, but in this industry, ya just never know. :eek:

Beans and rice, rice and beans.

I was in ORD about 2 hours late and a mx guy asked how I was doing. "Better than I deserve" I said truthfully

He stopped dead cold and just looked at me. "That's the first time I've ever heard that come out of a pilot's mouth."

W8N

I talked to a HR person today and found out that those of us that were good enough for UAL in 2000 are not going to be good enough in 2007. No special pile, nothing as far as she knew. She was going to ask around and try to find out for sure. You would think we could at least get moved into different app pile! I am not supprised.
*sigh*... I guess the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Good luck to you.

I figure white male minimums around 5000 hrs turbine with at least 6 type ratings and 10 letters of recs from non white males.

Minority mins requiring a commercial multi engine no older than 6 months.

On the link in the first post it contains a diversity statement. Enough said about how they will hire, again.:rolleyes:

I had hoped they would give a leg up to the folks previously in the pool. Then again, if you consider our recall acceptance percentages, I doubt it would matter to too many folks. Even more so, then, why not make the gesture in good faith to folks who, at least at one point, were jazzed to fly for United?

I guess we'll know for sure when someone from the pool tries to get an interview. Until then it's all conjecture.

W8N (a white male hired by two women, FWIW)

InstructorDude is a troll...

Don't feed the troll, and he goes away. Feed him, and he'll keep poking just to irritate and get a response.

Latest resources

Back