• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No furloughs at Delta!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flows have never worked... they ALWAYS hurt the regional far more than they ever help. Its as very bad idea...

How long have flow through agreements been in place and what was the status of the industry during those points in time? if you look at just the last decade and use that as future prospects then you're short sighted. Had the age 65 rule change not happened most airlines would probably be looking at hiring right now. When the age change effects have occurred and the movement starts again it will be upwards movement just based on attrition let alone growth. The numbers dont lie, but you have to look past your nose to see it.

I expect a few bad apple lifers at the regionals will ruin it for all though if this was ever to get discussed. :cool:

How was the flow bad for the people that actually got to flow? Everyone always looks at the other side of the process and judges the entire program from that. I'd bet the guys that flowed from Mesaba to NWA are pretty happy.

Back to the original topic, before it got derailed by political discussions and regional pilot hating... From what I understand from a buddy in network planning... the recent cuts that were announced were the details of the already announced fall cuts. In other words... we just know the routes and this is nothing new. Further... the bulk of the cuts are SEASONAL cuts. Only a few routes were eliminated completely. So the question is... would DL really furlough for a seasonal cutback? Seems a little silly to go through the expense. Especially by the time they're in full swing of furloughs, flowbacks and retraining, the fall/winter season will be over.

Back to the original topic, before it got derailed by political discussions and regional pilot hating... From what I understand from a buddy in network planning... the recent cuts that were announced were the details of the already announced fall cuts. In other words... we just know the routes and this is nothing new. Further... the bulk of the cuts are SEASONAL cuts. Only a few routes were eliminated completely. So the question is... would DL really furlough for a seasonal cutback? Seems a little silly to go through the expense. Especially by the time they're in full swing of furloughs, flowbacks and retraining, the fall/winter season will be over.
Incorrect. Delta announced they will be reducing system capacity 10% this year as compared to 2008. Not fall 2009 compared to summer 2009. This means even taking seasonal reductions into account, capacity is being reduced a further 10% over last fall.

I guess my point was that I was under the impression that the recent announcement matched details to the cutback announcement made earlier this year.

I guess my point was that I was under the impression that the recent announcement matched details to the cutback announcement made earlier this year.

Not quite. The previous announcement was for I believe 6% system capacity reduction year over year. That number has now been increased to 10%.

During my previous life on the Comair MEC, the Vice Chairman of the Delta MEC once told me at the bar after I got him drunk: "Flow throughs are furlough protection."

But we already knew that.

Did you guys make love after that? Condom Air, Delta Protection.

Bye Bye--General Lee

During my previous life on the Comair MEC, the Vice Chairman of the Delta MEC once told me at the bar after I got him drunk: "Flow throughs are furlough protection."

But we already knew that.

Why were you getting him drunk?

Incorrect. Delta announced they will be reducing system capacity 10% this year as compared to 2008. Not fall 2009 compared to summer 2009. This means even taking seasonal reductions into account, capacity is being reduced a further 10% over last fall.

You are incorrect. Most of the recently announced route cuts will be added back (IOW--SEASONAL), just like the poster said. Overall cuts may be reduced from year to year, but that does not reflect only mainline, but the 100 plus 50 seat RJs that were cut, and hopefully more to come. What the poster stated was recently announced cuts---and he was not incorrect.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Why were you getting him drunk?

Getting other MEC's members drunk was the ONLY way the Comair MEC members could get anyone to agree or even see their ridiculous points. But, N2246J took it a further step, and tried to seduce them it seems. Shame on him!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Getting other MEC's members drunk was the ONLY way the Comair MEC members could get anyone to agree or even see their ridiculous points. But, N2246J took it a further step, and tried to seduce them it seems. Shame on him!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Does every single post you make of late need to have something to do with gayness, PeePants? Trying to advertise your availability? Maybe you would have better luck by trying "supergayasspiratepilot.com."

-You, sir are living proof that a Blow-Job can actually sprout legs, put on a cute, little sub-commander hat with a gay-triangle set of corn-dog wings and walk around pretending to be an airline pilot..... Sure-it may be physically improbable, but-there you are.....

-Fire your best third-grade "McRonald's" comment if you like, but it can't change the fact that you are a complete full-throttle, walking hummer!

Latest resources

Back