• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No comment on ASA PBS LOA yet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whatever. The only thing the union has done is make themselves sound week and hopeless. To say they can’t use PBS to their advantage in section 6 really makes me lose all faith in them. If they are shooting holes in everything I say why can’t they answer the question I have about their statement regarding the company not saving a dime until we grow. In actuality they can and will save money when we shrink through attrition to profitability.

You haven't answered the question as to where the "attrition" is going to come from....How are we going to see much attrition in this environment?

I am having a little trouble accepting your supposition that the only possible outcome of not accepting this (and only this) PBS offer is the inevitable, inescapable end of ASA.

Accepting "this" offer is wiser because it will be the best one that crosses our table. If we reject it, I suppose that before we let ourselves die, we will accept another offer in the future. It just won't be as good. Even if it's the exact same offer, we will have lost the opportunities that go other directions in the mean time.

...Either IT or the eventual death of our airline is coming our way. It's up to us to choose.
[snip]

The future is (tautologically) unknown. While I acknowledge that the end of the airline is a possibility, I don't agree that it is even a likely probability. Please PM me if you have some means of knowing otherwise: I have a couple of Super Bowl and lottery questions.

I intend to read the LOA with regard to what the agreement will definitely do to our status quo, not what it might do to our future:
- Does it improve the quality of the scheduling?
- Does it favor only the senior?
- Do we make more money?
- Can I turn one week of vacation into three?
- Any improvements for the Reserves, or are they forgotten again?
Concomitantly, I will pay particular regard to the language. Too many "shoulds" and "will make an efforts", and not enough "wills" and "shalls" is a deal breaker.

and nobody has answered the question of where the growth will be from!!!

Exactly. So I’m not the only one. If you guys haven’t noticed there is no growth right now, just stagnation. There has been more attrition here in the past few years then growth. And that trend will just increase over the next 5 years.

5 Years seems a little drastic.

Plus, there's a couple of positive rumors regarding expansion. Albeit they're rumors and the Vietnam one excluded.

You really think Inc. is not actively pursuing growth?

Accepting "this" offer is wiser because it will be the best one that crosses our table. If we reject it, I suppose that before we let ourselves die, we will accept another offer in the future. It just won't be as good. Even if it's the exact same offer, we will have lost the opportunities that go other directions in the mean time.

I still haven’t gotten a good answer why this will be the best offer and we will get garbage later? The best answer that I have gotten is. “You don’t understand section 6 negotiations“. That’s not an answer. That’s just an intimidation tactic. You guys like to fall for those just as fast as the smoke and mirrors tactics.
I don’t even know why I bother when you guys openly say you don’t care about what this might do to the future just what will you get out of it right now. Again I’m sure that is what the people said when they voted your high paying job away by relaxing scope. I hope you all enjoy the 5+ years of section 6 you are setting yourselves up for nicely.

5 Years seems a little drastic.

Plus, there's a couple of positive rumors regarding expansion. Albeit they're rumors and the Vietnam one excluded.

You really think Inc. is not actively pursuing growth?

I say these things only from past experiences, not just because I like to make things up. Why not 5 years that’s how long the last contract took. PBS was supposed to be our leverage this time. Now Obama is going to be our leverage?
Yes I do think Inc is seeking growth and what makes you think that the growth won’t go to Skywest. Because you saved them a fraction of a percent? We are still going to be more expensive. Furthermore I worked at a regional that was purchased by another. They were shrunk until they were more manageable and then partially stapled. Our lists will merge eventually. What are we waiting for. Skywest to shrink us and get a Union. There goes our leverage for that one as well.

Latest resources

Back