• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NMB to ASA: keep negotiating

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To those of you in the "silent majority", John Pennekamp is right on. If the MEC doesn't settle it during this round of negotiations, you all will have to put pressure on the MEC by recalling them..... otherwise, they will not listen to you....

The union will spin this that we're SO CLOSE NOW and we'll get released this time FOR SURE. Then they'll go negotiate, make minor improvements, and we'll be right back where we are now in October. Then the cycle repeats.

If "all the money on the table can't buy scope", then the best scope we can get is to be competetive. Take SKW plus cola and settle.

It's over boys. Time to stop chasing windmills.

Exactly!

Obviously the best solution would be for ALPA to put an end to carriers competing for flying within a brand.... however I wouldn't hold my breath....

In the absence of scope language that truly protects us, the only remaining solution is to remain competitive...

Before everyone gets their panties in a wad, that doesn't mean being the cheapest, but it also doesn't mean being the most costly...

It's quite simple for you ALPA true believers.... either ALPA can stop the competition within a brand/holding company, or we will be forced to compete... There is no "this sucks... I don't like it" choice....

To those of you in the "silent majority", John Pennekamp is right on. If the MEC doesn't settle it during this round of negotiations, you all will have to put pressure on the MEC by recalling them..... otherwise, they will not listen to you....
Here's an idea.....
Maybe the pilot group should actually get involved and do something, ANYTHING....to put some pressure on the company instead of bashing and threatening the people that are trying to better the current contract!!
I don't agree with the union, honestly I am pissed at most there. The fact still remains that they were voted in by us and are doing what we ask them to do. I don't want to here how the wilson polling is a poor example of the pilot group....I firmly believe that they (CNC/MEC) are doing what the majority are asking for.
If the pilots at ASA would get involved with what is going on at the airline, things might start getting done around here.
Mesa pilots are more involved with their union than the pilots here at ASA.
Keep bitching people......it's doing alot of good (TIC)!!!

I can say both sides are to blame here. I hear that the company offered us exactly what Comair had years ago-but that wasn't "good enough." Now the company ain't offering us diddly.
Can you blame them?

We have been behaving like morons this whole negotiation cycle. We let ourselves get roped into that insane "interest-based bargaining" b.s.! That was a total waste of over two years!

I agree with Skipper-let's get what we can and get out of this silliness. The CNC has done their fair share of goofy stuff as well as the company. We simply are not going to get the moon and the stars-management knows what they are dealing with here-and it ain't exactly the A-Team.

I think we need to get rid of the concept of pilot-negotiators next time. These guys might try hard, but they have no professional experience. For what we have spent on all these guys negotiating over the past half-decade, we probably could have saved money by going with a professional negotiating firm that knows what the hell is going on. I'll bet we wouldn't be in this mess now.

That interest-based-bargaining stupidity is the main reason I am so averse to the way we have done things-any professional would never have agreed to that mess!

-Let's get real!

Your probably right. These pilots, even though they try hard, the are not really trained for this. We have lost a lot due to this.

Here's an idea.....
Maybe the pilot group should actually get involved and do something, ANYTHING....to put some pressure on the company instead of bashing and threatening the people that are trying to better the current contract!!
I don't agree with the union, honestly I am pissed at most there. The fact still remains that they were voted in by us and are doing what we ask them to do. I don't want to here how the wilson polling is a poor example of the pilot group....I firmly believe that they (CNC/MEC) are doing what the majority are asking for.
If the pilots at ASA would get involved with what is going on at the airline, things might start getting done around here.
Mesa pilots are more involved with their union than the pilots here at ASA.
Keep bitching people......it's doing alot of good (TIC)!!!

You are talking about courage....anyone got any?

How about our negotiators focus on getting a fair deal that works for the pilots and the company instead of holding out for a release. It is time to freakin compromise and get this damn thing done!!! We have achieved most of the goals we initially set forth, and are close on the rest. We need a little give and take and get this finished so we can finally move forward.

Shouldn't you be studying?

Boys and girls,

If you want your voice heard, show up thursday and let John an and Nick know how you feel.

Jeger

I am the true silent majority at ASA. I trust my MEC much farther than I trust management. Our management has shown time and time again that they are untrustworthy. Our company can afford to give us cost of living raises just like every other company in America. Skywest Inc. boasts to thier shareholders and analysts how much money they are making, yet they cry poor to us. You can't have it both ways fellas.

The only weapon Skywest holdings has is aircraft transfers to Skywest airlines. They have allready shown that they are more than willing to take ASA airplanes and orders and give them to Skywest airlines. Therefore, I will not settle for any contract that does not include scope which protects the ASA pilots. If I am going to lose my job anyway why wouldn't I strike to protect my job?

For those who believe that if we settle for a mediocre contract with no scope that Skywest holdings management will have mercy on us, and give us a bunch of airplanes so everybody can upgrade or move up, you are mistaken. given a choice they will give any growth (and our current airplanes) to their non-union segment which has no say about work rules or pay.

They have allready done it, why wouldn't they continue. For those of you who say it is too expensive, I say bullcrap. We have received airplanes from Comair with no problems and they are a competely seperate company.

I am the silent majority at ASA. Everybody I fly with or interact with in the crew lounge seems to feel the same way, and I am not a very loud or boisterous individual. We are tired of all of the crap, but we are smart enough to see where most of it is coming from, and are not willing to give in due to weariness.

ASA MEC you have my support!

I am the true silent majority at ASA. I trust my MEC much farther than I trust management. Our management has shown time and time again that they are untrustworthy.

The only weapon Skywest holdings has is aircraft transfers to Skywest airlines. They have allready shown that they are more than willing to take ASA airplanes and orders and give them to Skywest airlines. Therefore, I will not settle for any contract that does not include scope which protects the ASA pilots. If I am going to lose my job anyway why wouldn't I strike to protect my job?

For those who believe that if we settle for a mediocre contract with no scope that Skywest holdings management will have mercy on us, and give us a bunch of airplanes so everybody can upgrade or move up, you are mistaken. given a choice they will give any growth (and our current airplanes) to their non-union segment which has no say about work rules or pay.

I am the silent majority at ASA.

ASA MEC you have my support!
Great Post! Exactly!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back