• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NMB to ASA: keep negotiating

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One had and has nothing to do with the other. The strength of the language in the contract was not the issue to do a deal. The "art of the deal" was.

Fair enough, but how does this change the big picture; Company needed us here earlier to make their operation work better. Rather than engage in a big battle, with the "art of the deal" they got it. ALPA got the LOA done and negotiations got put off for the summer.

The big picture remains; pilots can no longer melt down the operation by "flying the contract". Do you agree with that www.?

Merchant...

Why, praytell, would anyone have a negative impression of you?

It's just everyone else who's nuts, John, everyone else........

Just Say NO!

Why, praytell, would anyone have a negative impression of you?

It's just everyone else who's nuts, John, everyone else........

Just Say NO!

At least I'm not cowering in anonymity like you.... care to introduce yourself? Didn't think so... carry on chicken$h!t......

Fair enough, but how does this change the big picture; Company needed us here earlier to make their operation work better. Rather than engage in a big battle, with the "art of the deal" they got it. ALPA got the LOA done and negotiations got put off for the summer.

The big picture remains; pilots can no longer melt down the operation by "flying the contract". Do you agree with that www.?

Melt down. Your correct. Create problems, yes.

Melt down. Your correct. Create problems, yes.

Alrighty then....what exactly....kind of problems that can't be fixed with the stroke of a pen from Tutt. Don't say "stop picking up open time". I've had that very conversation with Bob Arnold several times. That wasn't happening when they were paying straight time. Since they started offering time and half...I even saw your name bump me out of a trip one day. I'm not criticizing at all. It's hard NOT to pick up a good day line at those payrates.

As far as not going the extra mile in the airplane. Again...not gonna happen.....because pilots aren't doing it to help out the company. They do it to help out number one; be it getting to the hotel for a cold beer or making it back to catch that flight home.

So really, anything short of a meltdown is pissing on a housefire; and as you just acknowledged....a meltdown is not gonna happen.

Last edited:
Alrighty then....what exactly....kind of problems that can't be fixed with the stroke of a pen from Tutt. Don't say "stop picking up open time". I've had that very conversation with Bob Arnold several times. That wasn't happening when they were paying straight time. Since they started offering time and half...I even saw your name bump me out of a trip one day. I'm not criticizing at all. It's hard NOT to pick up a good day line at those payrates.

As far as not going the extra mile in the airplane. Again...not gonna happen.....because pilots aren't doing it to help out the company. They do it to help out number one; be it getting to the hotel for a cold beer or making it back to catch that flight home.

So really, anything short of a meltdown is pissing on a housefire; and as you just acknowledged....a meltdown is not gonna happen.

Exactly..... I'm enjoying the $120/hour to fly an ATR....... about the same as a USAirways A320 Capt. rate....

It's the same old clowns playing the same games. What's up tomct haven't see you for a while... Nothing has ever changed and no one will get the message until we get rid of all the company men flying the line and making it happen for the company.

How goes it Red...good to see that you are alive and well!!:cool:

How can you support the MEC if this "arrangement" is still in place? If you support the MEC, then you are supporting their decisions including this "arrangement"! We wouldn't be in this pickle if it weren't for BA... and the fact that he is still being used as a consultant should worry everyone....

Have you voiced your concern to the MEC? What answer were you given and was it satifactory?

You see, we agree on more than you think.....

Yes, I have voiced my concerns to the MEC. Yes, the answer I got was satisfactory. BA does not carry nearly the weight you imagine he does these days. He is no longer in a position to dictate policy. My main problem with the current arrangement is a financial one. I feel that MEC money can be spent in better ways.

If you think BA is still driving policy in the ALPA office, you are very much mistaken.

Having said that, I feel that if BA were given free reign he would be happy to drive ASA to a strike purely for personal reasons. Thankfully, he no longer has the power to do so. BA is not the "man behind the curtain" that you imagine he is.

Latest resources

Back