• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NMB to ASA: keep negotiating

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can tell your having problems with this so I will point you in the direction of the ALPA attorney.

Good Luck.

I can tell your having problems with this so I will point you in the direction of the ALPA attorney.

Good Luck.

You telling JB to call the ALPA attorney? Now that's funny, I don't care who you are! :D

So sometimes there is false information about what really took place during negotiations..... interesting.... maybe you should consider that when you repeat lies about what happened in '98.....

Only those who are in the room know what truly happened... you of all people should understand that....

What Joey's hinting at here is we need to quit blaming him for his terrible behavior as a union rep/negotiator in the past and forgive him. Nahhhhhhhhhh ain't gonna happen Joey!

What Joey's hinting at here is we need to quit blaming him for his terrible behavior as a union rep/negotiator in the past and forgive him. Nahhhhhhhhhh ain't gonna happen Joey!

Yeah.... actually achieving an industry leading TA that was ratified by almost 90%..... terrible behavior.... Much better to just drag things out indefinately while support and leverage continue to erode.... Great strategy.....

The operation is fully capable of melting its ownself down regularly with no help from us.

Precisely my point. So why is it that I continue to hear call after call after call on ops for servicing, see pilots catering their own airplanes, and see crewmembers content to go all day long without taking a meal break. Stop going the extra mile for people who refuse to negotiate in good faith.

Precisely my point. So why is it that I continue to hear call after call after call on ops for servicing, see pilots catering their own airplanes, and see crewmembers content to go all day long without taking a meal break. Stop going the extra mile for people who refuse to negotiate in good faith.

Ceasing to call for services isn't going to make an already late flight on time. But Freightdog, you're totally missing the big picture on that deal. Those pilots don't call for services, skip meals, cross seatbelts or empty their own trash because they "want to help the company out". Dang....even the company doesn't like its ownself that much. Those pilots do that because:

A. They want to hurry their ass to the hotel and/or drink a beer.
B. They're commuters and they don't want to miss their flight home.

WHY WOULD ANYBODY WANT TO DO ALL THAT "JUST TO BE NICE"?

We live in an "it's all about ME" world. That's the reality.....like it or not.

Now we've got to figure out how to negotiate a contract under those circumstances. Thus my view on getting this done and staying competitive enough against SKW air to keep our jobs.

Last edited:

I'll tell you why....

1. Most pilots are more concerned about getting off on time or to the overnight on time... Sorry to break it to you, but most pilots take care of number one first... that being themselves...

2. Most pilots don't really care that much about either side of this debate... they will be at Delta/SWA/FedEx/United/fill in the blank next year.....

3. Most pilots don't want to inconvenience passengers with an action that most likely won't move these negotiations along anyway.

4. Many pilots, such as myself, realize that if only a few help to slow things down, it will only hurt the bottom line making it even more difficult to justify a large payraise....

Why do you think it is?

Latest resources

Back