• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJI Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Meaning that all the others are insane...;) There are some people who think it's a crazy lifestyle frac pilots lead....:p

Seriously, I hope the transition goes smoothly for all involved. NJW

D'oh... Have to love the autocorrect on the iPhone.....

It was one of the most interesting typos I've seen.... :p and frac pilots do have some crazy schedules sometimes.... it could fit...;)

If the union tries to obviate the fences, the people who will be pissed off the most will be NJA guys that came over and have been patiently putting in their time to comply with the terms.

Not sure where your going on this. Any NJA FO Cross Over who wants to bid GIV Captain has to bid against the VSL. Just like any NJA pilot. It is unlikely any of the NJA FO cross overs will ever see the left seat of a G.

What do you mean by "patiently putting in their time to comply with the terms"?

Not sure where your going on this. Any NJA FO Cross Over who wants to bid GIV Captain has to bid against the VSL. Just like any NJA pilot. It is unlikely any of the NJA FO cross overs will ever see the left seat of a G.

What do you mean by "patiently putting in their time to comply with the terms"?

Probably refering to the PIC crossovers, which still doesn't matter. Those guys are very senior and can hold any airframe on the property. Almost all FOs would never see the left seat in a G if seniority rules, which it does.

Perv is right. I was referencing the NJA PIC's that have been serving the seat lock terms of the LOA waiting for a seat in the V. A bunch of the early crossovers are in the 200's. They would be the ones pissed off if the fence was suddenly dropped and a more senior guy jumped over them into the V without flying the IV first.

Gutshot, there are a whole lot more pissed off that there are many more junior pilots already PIC in the IV and V. In fact, management outright lied about the upgrades that were done in the last two years, clearly to favor the NJI pilots. That is history. Bottom line is this is something we all have to live with now. Not everyone will be happy. That's a fact in every merger out there.

Are we going to move forward as one, or blame each other for the crap managemnt made out of this whole thing? That is exactly what management does when dealing with a union shop. Divide and conquer will result in the focus of the pilot group being in the wrong place. Guess who that helps out? Not us, that's for sure. Let's see what we can do when the next round of negotiations begin. My only concern is that our leadership takes a moment to consider the consequences of rushing LOAs, and the membership demands that of them. That's what got us where we are today. Some is good, but lots of unintended consequences have made their ugly heads visible recently.

I think we're caught in a mobius loop....

Arthur C. Clarke fans will get that.

In case you hadn't heard, the G-IV fleet is shrinking. One airplane sold a few weeks ago and is currently being refurbed in SAV before heading to its new owner (EJM client btw). Another sale is imminent. Translation: there won't be many more PIC bids in the IV. NJI may "owe" a few slots to NJA per the LOA but that will be it. As soon as integration is complete, the IV will be put into disposal. EVERYBODY in that fleet will become more junior every year.

And as for the V fleet, let's see. About a 140 PIC's and 15 SIC's. Doesn't take Einstein to see there won't be a whole lot of bids for the left seat for, oh, say a decade.

So don't feel bad for Wolfie or anyone for that matter. He'll be telling the other guy to load the bags more often than not for a while yet.

Wow, now doesn't that tell the story ..

TransMach

Not everyone will be happy. That's a fact in every merger out there.

Pervis,

I'm inline with your thought process on this. The jury is still out on how this whole 'integration' will play out over the years. I'm fascinated to be honest! I've always been an avid reader of Pilot Labor issues dating back to the RLA. It is truly amazing to see the trail that leads us to 2010 (and I'm not talking about NJA, but pilots in general).

Ten years ago I would have stood up and yelled at the top of my lungs "EXACTLY" what was going to happen, because I was that smart. :laugh: Now... I sit back and analyze, because I realize I have no crystal ball and this whole thing could go straight and narrow or take a mountain road in a heart beat.

NJI was a wonderful place to work, and the people made all the difference in the world. I took the best part of NJI with me, a 28 year old smoking hot blond bombshell from Idaho! :D and made her my wife. Life changes and NJI will soon be gone, that I have accepted. How I am treated and paid and so forth at NJA will determine my level of 'caring' for this company. I come from a long line of pilots, and I've never been scared to up and move if need be. That is just the way I'm wired. We'll see if it comes to that.

For me personally, I'm ready to shake hands and go out for Indian food with any NJA pilot that acts like a regular dude (95% of them). For the ones that cop an attitude with me I'll gladly give the middle finger too.

Wolf
(technically a BSU Bronco starting next month during football season)

Latest resources

Back