• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJI Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Like when I upgrade in the V? Lets see.... I have no seat lock, and you MUST be in the IV fleet to go to the V, and new Captains in the IV will have an equipment lock. As for the fleet disposal situation, they start from the bottom, and I'm not at the bottom.

So.... eventually, I will transition to the V as a PIC, keep my pay, still have 4 weeks of vacation, never fall below my current salary and will receive a 3.5% pay raise every year. And if I choose to stay at NetJets, all I need is 15 more years to retire. Hmm.....

Thanks for the LOA boys, I call it the "new McDonalds" cause I'm lovin it.

Our Union leadership failed miserably by representing the interests of non union pilots at the expense of the dues paying members. Of course, they were given their 30 pieces from management for the effort.

From the NJA pilots, you're welcome.

Our Union leadership failed miserably by representing the interests of non union pilots at the expense of the dues paying members. Of course, they were given their 30 pieces from management for the effort.

From the NJA pilots, you're welcome.

Thanks for nothing. It's a location joke. You have to be here to get it.

Gut,

Maybe so. Enjoy the 3 hour show/go before your hot spare in LVS. You'll soon be here to get that. We all get that.

Last edited:
I've said before, you wanted an arranged marriage, you got one. Hope you like your new bride...

I will like my new bride fine as long as you continue to cook, clean, and SWALLOW your ego (just kidding about ego) as we consumate our new Union (ie marriage). Welcome to OUR family! :D

I'm curious how long the bidding restrictions will continue post integration, especially since the IV will enter CBA defined disposal status. Those restrictions were written for two separate entities. With all combined, assuming our union grows any teeth, all aircraft bids will be strictly seniority based bids.

As far as the pay issue, I still see concern by some NJI pilots that a pay cut is involved. For some that have never dealt with written agreements, that may seem possible. However, the letter sent to all NJI pilots is very clear, and enforceable like all parts of the CBA. There will be no reduction in salary, whatever option you chose. That's the sort of thing many NJA pilots have a problem with. Not NJI protection per se, but the lack of language bringing us UP to parity.

I'm curious how long the bidding restrictions will continue post integration, especially since the IV will enter CBA defined disposal status. Those restrictions were written for two separate entities. With all combined, assuming our union grows any teeth, all aircraft bids will be strictly seniority based bids.

As far as the pay issue, I still see concern by some NJI pilots that a pay cut is involved. For some that have never dealt with written agreements, that may seem possible. However, the letter sent to all NJI pilots is very clear, and enforceable like all parts of the CBA. There will be no reduction in salary, whatever option you chose. That's the sort of thing many NJA pilots have a problem with. Not NJI protection per se, but the lack of language bringing us UP to parity.

If it's on paper, it's on paper, right? That means BOTH parts of the LOA. If the union tries to obviate the fences, the people who will be pissed off the most will be NJA guys that came over and have been patiently putting in their time to comply with the terms.

The IV will be put into disposal status shortly after integration which only means that the most junior G-IV Captains (NJI people) will begin to fall off the fleet as aircraft are sold and will disperse among the other fleets. Other than that, pretty much status quo for the foreseeable future.

And don't get me started again on the pay situation. Like I said earlier, it's a location joke.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back