• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJI Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When the inequities of the LOAs with bidding limitations and pay differences are addressed in the next CBA, guess who will have the vast majority vote? Be careful not to burn the bridges you have yet to cross.

As much as I'd like to be a G-Whiz captain, I doubt it is in my future for the next 20 years minimum. Whatever the next CBA is, I don't see the union throwing the soon to be brothers under the bus and booting them from their seats. I am sure the company won't agree to any contract that allows for system wide bids like the airlines since that is a ginormous expense to retype and train hundreds of pilots over a seniority issue. About the biggest kick in the balls I can see is a big G-V downgrade binge by management right before the final integration (I am not saying it will happen or that I wish it to happen- just that it could happen). If it doesn't happen there, I don't see how anyone gets another upgrade on the V ever again with their current CA to FO ratio. I'd have to say the only way NJA guys will get seats is if we order the 650 and shrink the Vs when they come on property.

Last edited:
As much as I'd like to be a G-Whiz captain, I doubt it is in my future for the next 20 years minimum. Whatever the next CBA is, I don't see the union throwing the soon to be brothers under the bus and booting them from their seats. I am sure the company won't agree to any contract that allows for system wide bids like the airlines since that is a ginormous expense to retype and train hundreds of pilots over a seniority issue. About the biggest kick in the balls I can see is a big G-V downgrade binge by management right before the final integration (I am not saying it will happen or that I wish it to happen- just that it could happen). If it doesn't happen there, I don't see how anyone gets another upgrade on the V ever again with their current CA to FO ratio. I'd have to say the only way NJA guys will get seats is if we order the 650 and shrink the Vs when they come on property.

Sorry Wolf: Winner, winner. Chicken dinner.

Every single new pilot that upgrades in the G will be senior to you.

Like when I upgrade in the V? Lets see.... I have no seat lock, and you MUST be in the IV fleet to go to the V, and new Captains in the IV will have an equipment lock. As for the fleet disposal situation, they start from the bottom, and I'm not at the bottom.

So.... eventually, I will transition to the V as a PIC, keep my pay, still have 4 weeks of vacation, never fall below my current salary and will receive a 3.5% pay raise every year. And if I choose to stay at NetJets, all I need is 15 more years to retire. Hmm.....

Thanks for the LOA boys, I call it the "new McDonalds" cause I'm lovin it.

Like when I upgrade in the V? Lets see.... I have no seat lock, and you MUST be in the IV fleet to go to the V, and new Captains in the IV will have an equipment lock. As for the fleet disposal situation, they start from the bottom, and I'm not at the bottom.

So.... eventually, I will transition to the V as a PIC, keep my pay, still have 4 weeks of vacation, never fall below my current salary and will receive a 3.5% pay raise every year. And if I choose to stay at NetJets, all I need is 15 more years to retire. Hmm.....

Thanks for the LOA boys, I call it the "new McDonalds" cause I'm lovin it.

Good strategy Billy,
I hope it works out for you.

So don't feel bad for Wolfie or anyone for that matter. He'll be telling the other guy to load the bags more often than not for a while yet.

Wolfie- cute nick name. Does his fo's call him that when landing? :)

Last edited:
Wolfie- cute nick name. Does his fo's call him that when landing? :)

I don't know. The closest we ever came to flying together was dinner in Teeterhole when we were sitting standby when I was still in the IV. And he was the F/O. My F/O's are usually too petrified to say anything when I'm landing the jet...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back