• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJI and NJA Merger Official

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys are all talking like this is a DONE DEAL!!! The news on the street is this is FAR from being a merger. Just what I heard from someone in the know.

Technically, you are correct in saying that this is not a done deal. However, it is quite obvious that the writing is on the wall. The fact is that after 11/21/08 all NetJets G F/Os will come from the NJA ranks. That's not just a smoking gun for the single carrier petition, rather a smoking howitzer.

Of course, Mr. Santulli could put up a fight against a single carrier suit. But, is it worth the cost? My prediction: Single carrier will be filed, NetJets will put up a feeble defense for appearances, LOA 01-013 will go into effect.

Last edited:
Technically, you are correct in saying that this is not a done deal. However, it is quite obvious that the writing is on the wall. The fact is that after 11/21/08 all NetJets G F/Os will come from the NJA ranks. That's not just a smoking gun for the single carrier petition, rather a smoking howitzer.

Of course, Mr. Santulli could put up a fight against a single carrier suit. But, is it worth the cost? My prediction: Single carrier will be filed, NetJets will put up a feeble defense for appearances, LOA 01-013 will go into effect.

All,

It must be recognized the 2005 NJA pilots to NJI side letter of agreement, as well as a handful of settlements resulting from class action grievances filed as NJA pilots transitioned to NJI, gave the union the upper ground needed to prevail on the NMB single carrier petition.

The new F/O opportunities are an exchange for a fall back position for all NetJets pilots. Everyone involved in the union leadership is looking for the smoothest possible transition to an eventual integration, whether NMB or otherwise, and moving forward. Smooth integrations are not rushed and provide a fair and equitable resolution.

Respectfully,

A strong, united NJA/NJI will be the best path forward for the collective group. I hope it works out. I am very impressed with the effort to smooth the transition considering the sensitivities on both sides.

It seems very well structured and thought out - that should be comforting to the guys on both sides of the fence.

How could such a small piece of the pie, (NJI) cause such an uproar in the NJA ranks? It seams only the JUNIOR guys would want to see a merger so they COULD have a CHANCE to fly a G. Most NJA guys/girls will never see the Capt seat on the gulfstreams. Also from what ya"ll are posting, this is going to be a good deal for the NJI group. I dont have all the info the NJA people have, but this looks like it MAY be a WIN/WIN situation for most. I also feel it should be ONE company. Hope it works for the majority. Good Luck Steeler, I also hope your one of the guys who get to fly a G. I would love to try one on!!!

What's the proposed time for the transition again? Should people interested in applying to NJI now just apply to NJA or will there be a transition period where NJI wannabes can directly apply?

Just wondering...
Prior to the LOA's how many NJA pilots voluntarily moved to NJI? AND how many NJI pilots moved to NJA?

30 NJA to NJI.
0 NJI to NJA -- the only way for that to happen is if the NJI pilot quit and got hired at NJA.

What's the proposed time for the transition again? Should people interested in applying to NJI now just apply to NJA or will there be a transition period where NJI wannabes can directly apply?

The way I read it, a year from now, all NJI G-IV First Officers will come from NJA, which means NJI will no longer be hiring off the street.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back