Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't tell GIVDude it will be too much for him LOL

Pedro did a good job, I thought.

I think he did a good job as well. His best point was when he said he made $90,000 last year, while Buffett quoted the $145,000 number.

I think there were some missed opportunities as well.

I thought he could have driven home the point more about the company insisting on pay cuts while reporting record profits.

He could have rebutted NetJets and Warren's position that the company's demands are what the market will bear by pointing out that the union has been working under the same contract since 2005 - during which time the company has been paying these rates and paying down $2 billion in debt, expanding internationally, and reporting record profits. And during the last ten years, the cost of living has increased 25-30% while the company has steadily eroded the quality of life for the employees by cutting benefits.

Those interviews are always tough. It boils down to sound bites and you have about 30-60 seconds to get your message out there. All in all he did a good job with the time he had.

Last edited:
Those interviews are always tough. It boils down to sound bites and you have about 30-60 seconds to get your message out there. All in all he did a good job with the time he had.

On such a short segment, how you say something is more important than what is said.

Pedro came across as the voice of reason. He answered questions in a forthright, clear manner. He projected the professional pilot well and was definitely not the unreasonable person Buffet/Hansell would have the press believe.

I think he hit the ball out of the park.

I thought he did a great job. I wish he had mentioned that a ten year First Officer TOPS OUT in pay at $80,000 base pay on the 7 and 7.

Last edited:
On such a short segment, how you say something is more important than what is said.

Pedro came across as the voice of reason. He answered questions in a forthright, clear manner. He projected the professional pilot well and was definitely not the unreasonable person Buffet/Hansell would have the press believe.

I think he hit the ball out of the park.

Good points all. That was a quick hitting interview and he represented our position well. He also managed to get about ten bullet points in!

This may have been a trial run for future (longer) interviews. At the end of the day they have to do good Tee Vee, and if he didn't sound bite well he probably wouldn't get an invite back.

Latest resources

Back