Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
acaTerry said:
You just don't know how. Now go recover one of my Hawker 400 trips! :laugh:
It would appear that once someone has posted after me, I can no longer go back and edit my post. If you know how, I'm all ears.

And as for recovering for you - if you only knew... :eek:

*****Hijack*****

I actually enjoy chatting with all the NJA pilots when I am in the FBO's around the country and I am even a Flex guy!

****You may have your thread back******

Bailey, I should think that most of the frac pilots would enjoy visiting with each other because they share much common ground and can easily identify with one another's experiences. As for NJA pilots, specifically, who better to draw hope and encouragement from than the pilots who have already shown that it is possible to stand up for one's self and win the contract that has been earned through significant contribution to the company's success.

netjetwife said:
Bailey, I should think that most of the frac pilots would enjoy visiting with each other because they share much common ground and can easily identify with one another's experiences. As for NJA pilots, specifically, who better to draw hope and encouragement from than the pilots who have already shown that it is possible to stand up for one's self and win the contract that has been earned through significant contribution to the company's success.

Yes it is fun since we have a nice mixture of people from all different backgrounds. I am happy for the NJA guys for getting a good contract but some of us who came from a Union Airline still have a bad taste in our mouths and do not wish for another Union anytime soon.

Bailey

As the NJ pilots will tell you, a union is a direct reflection of its members. The motivation, work output, and determination to forward its interests--all come straight from the pilots themselves. Like many things in life, you get out of it what you put into it. Each group should be judged on its own characteristics, not the one you belonged to previously.

We all know that many frac pilots are definitely underpaid. That needs to stop. So to all those of you who don't care for unions, I pose this question: What alternative can you offer that will provide the written contract and compensation that is their due by merit of the skills and labor exchange they bring to the table? It's very basic, really. There's strength in numbers. It seems quite clear that only by working together can pilots affect change.

When they are treated like the professionals they are, the pilots can turn their talents to working with their companies, to realize greater profitability and job satisfaction for all employees. From what I've seen and heard, it's managers that prevent that from happening--not the union of the pilots.

bailey3083 said:
Yes it is fun since we have a nice mixture of people from all different backgrounds. I am happy for the NJA guys for getting a good contract but some of us who came from a Union Airline still have a bad taste in our mouths and do not wish for another Union anytime soon.
Well, I guess I've seen the opposite end of things: I'm working for a non-union airline, and we haven't had a pay raise in six years, our health insurance has gone up $1300 a year, we don't have personal days, no duty/trip rigs, scheduling "rules" that change at the whim of the scheduler, etc, etc. So count me as a non-union pilot who's greatly looking forward to flying under a strong contract.

CA1900, unfortunately I think that your experience is far too common, and what can a handful of pilots do about that on their own? But if they all stand together.....:mad: and speak with one loud strong voice....they have a much better chance of getting the message across. To me, that is what a union is all about. You will have a hard time finding an 1108 pilot who would be willing to go back to the way things were before they became a Strong Union. Enjoy your contract! :)
Best Wishes!
Netjetwife

CA1900 said:
Well, I guess I've seen the opposite end of things: I'm working for a non-union airline, and we haven't had a pay raise in six years, our health insurance has gone up $1300 a year, we don't have personal days, no duty/trip rigs, scheduling "rules" that change at the whim of the scheduler, etc, etc. So count me as a non-union pilot who's greatly looking forward to flying under a strong contract.

Did you get an interview yet? I feel for you man, the Terry and Joel show gets real old.

I am seeing my seniority number getting lower and lower pretty fast but what is up with hiring? Anyone know why they've slowed it so much?

Latest resources

Back