• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA Upgrade time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Humphrey yo mamma dont have any color. Thats just my observation. Get off your CS trip because it AINT the best company in the Frac industry.

notaNJApilot said:
They are Falcon EX slots, not regular Falcon 2000 (Class 4 vs Class 3).

Which means if comes out of double digits and actually makes it to the 100th pilot on the senority list it would be amazing.

From what I understand there are over SIX HUNDRED pilots that are over age 60

Just checked the 5/1/06 breakdown and there were around 200 pilots 56 and older.

flymore

I just asked a buddy of mine that works for NetJets on the Ultra. Based on the seniority numbers, he thinks he'll have a possible shot at upgrade after approx 2.5 years in company...for what it's worth.

old*art said:
From what I understand there are over SIX HUNDRED pilots that are over age 60

Just checked the 5/1/06 breakdown and there were around 200 pilots 56 and older.

That is true, however you didn't read the fine print on the chart that says only 25% of the pilot force has provide information for the chart.

The numbers I have heard is closer to 400, but that is just hearsay.

RNObased said:
Which means if comes out of double digits and actually makes it to the 100th pilot on the senority list it would be amazing.
i would be surprised if it went over 50. whats the most junior EZ captain right now?

it would take a long time for the EX to make it over 100. The EZ is the next highest paying besides the BBJ and who knows when/if we'll bid into the BBJ.

Last edited:
flymore said:
I just asked a buddy of mine that works for NetJets on the Ultra. Based on the seniority numbers, he thinks he'll have a possible shot at upgrade after approx 2.5 years in company...for what it's worth.

it really depends on if the company continues to put out captain bids at the current rate and if current captains are content with their aircraft or want to switch. i'm pretty sure that based on numbers of pilots and numbers of bids, the current captains could easily bid and receive all the captain postings which would mean current FO's would never upgrade. this is unlikely since current captains probably won't bid the 560 or XL or 400 but there are a ton of FOs who all are bidding those fleets.

RNObased said:
That is true, however you didn't read the fine print on the chart that says only 25% of the pilot force has provide information for the chart.

The numbers I have heard is closer to 400, but that is just hearsay.

i'd say 250 is pretty realistic; so 10%.

notaNJApilot said:
it really depends on if the company continues to put out captain bids at the current rate and if current captains are content with their aircraft or want to switch. i'm pretty sure that based on numbers of pilots and numbers of bids, the current captains could easily bid and receive all the captain postings which would mean current FO's would never upgrade. this is unlikely since current captains probably won't bid the 560 or XL or 400 but there are a ton of FOs who all are bidding those fleets.

If a Captain bid for a different aircraft, he/she would create a vacancy in the aircraft he/she was leaving. That would mean the company would still need another Captain.

Latest resources

Back