• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA upgrade time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think someone going to work today should realistically expect anywhere from 6 to 8 years for an upgrade to an APU A/C....maybe even any A/C.
I agree. and the trend will be toward the upgrade times at the Majors.

This is what happens when a time building job becomes a career place instead.

Last edited:
Well said, gunfyter. Plus, in the longe term I think NJA's growth model- conservative but consistent- beats the riskier accelerator-floored (hiring like mad)/brake-floored (furloughing like mad) approach of many airlines. As a career destination, the tortoise beats the hare.

Still beats sitting reserve at a stagnating major or being on the short furlough list.

I see more planes being parked and hiring slowing to a stop with upgrades beyond ten years across the board at the majors.

I am just glad to be here. The best schecdule I ever held at an airline was 16 days off for a lot less pay.

Yea I'm happy.:)

On my airline flight home yesterday I saw some airline crew commuting to work on a 2 pm flight for a morning show today. The value of never having that stress again (nor worrying about base closures/ transfers) is priceless. And while being an 800 pound gorilla in a volatile industry now is no guarantee of anything in 10 years, it beats living on the edge every day.

Absolutely gentlemen! The short time my husband was with AA was enough of a comparison to know that the frac lifestyle suits us better. No crash pad expense, no wondering how long before he could bid into a hub we wanted to live at, no being gone extra days because of the commute, and none of the stress and headaches that come with commuting. Not to mention the risk of being furloughed is greatly decreased at NJA and he likes the flying better. :cool:

Latest resources

Back