• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA TA...What's your bet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Absolutely being positive gets results. It's tied to winning while negativity goes with quitting. It's also good strategy to cheer for your team while they are on the field, especially when they are working long hours--for free.

Interesting spin there Diesel...:rolleyes: It's not as though you voted down one offer and held out for more. Obviously, it was about the money with you, too. In spite of your digs at me for making pay a main issue, clearly, the end result$ played a big part in winning you over. I've been surprised at your attitude because you could ea$ily afford to be generous in supporting those who needed the money for basic necessities.

Clarification: I wasn't referring to your experience handling money. I'm sure you've had plenty. I was making the point that those with far less $ viewed the IBB proposal as acceptable early on. We viewed the TA from different perspectives. You from a two wage-earners, no children lifestyle. Me from a one bread-winner, three kids, family.

In spite of that difference, we share a dedication to the Union. I'm very pleased for you (and the other hold-outs) that the pot was sweetened to your liking in the end. That didn't surprise me at all. I had the faith all along. I wasn't optimistic because I'm naive, but because I was observing my husband closely and watching him for signals. Too bad you didn't take the hints. You missed your chance to be a hero, but I'm sure you'll make a handsome goat...;)

Yup, I think those w/young children get it...:p Actual, I'm addressing the differences in our economic perspective. Those w/more discretionary income (hinted at by lifestyle) could afford to be picky when it came to supporting the proposal. Basic fact of life: those more in need of the money were generally quicker to support the TA. I'm just glad more pilots are now getting on board. The higher the vote count the better when you're looking for a general consensus.

Obviously, it was about the money with you, too. In spite of your digs at me for making pay a main issue, clearly, the end result$ played a big part in winning you over. I've been surprised at your attitude because you could ea$ily afford to be generous in supporting those who needed the money for basic necessities.
Sorry no it wasn't the money that changed my vote. The money never changed, slightly but what really swayed my vote is some of the LOA's that were finally put in writing instead of just hearing gossip about it.

Basic necessities don't mean much when your jobs are being sold overseas by other branches of the same company willing to do it for less. Think pan-am flight attendants that were hired in europe and eventually were working in the states for far less money than their american counterparts.

I don't need to be the hero. I do need to be able to look myself in the face in the mirror be it tomorrow or 14 years from now.

Off to bed.. .tough to see the sun set and rise in the same flight. Cheerio

Hate to say it, but I think she is right.
:erm:

Kudos to you Fozzy for being "big enough" to acknowledge that....:)
Have you considered becoming an instructor?
I know the perfect student for you if you don't mind bleating....;)

Off to double check a certain somebilly's :p post.
I could have sworn it mentioned money. ..:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Looks like my experience "financially speaking" has proven that there is always something left on the table. You can either take the first offer or you can keep going till you get the package that is wanted.
I'll save you the time. When i mention "financially speaking" I don't think in terms of just money. I think in a much broader picture longevity, scope, benefits issues like that. There is a cost/benefit to all those issues.

I'm sure we could all get paid a million bucks if we just gave everything up except a pay.

Back to my nap.... I'm done with this thread.

Cheerio

Scope is definitely important; that's why many NJ pilots were sold on the IBB proposal as soon as they saw Section 30. All were relieved to find that the benefits were carried over. (That's one area that NJA gets right on their own). I think the majority of the NJ pilots now realize that the TA is a very good deal overall and that the negotiators did a good job of balancing the needs and wants of the pilot group. After all, most understand that you can't expect to get something for nothing. You have to figure that the company entered into IBB with goals of their own.

Speaking of sleeping...;) it's good to see the pilots wake up in plenty of time to cast their vote in favor of a proposal that offers improved job security, increased pay, and enhanced career opportunities. My thanks to all who are viewing IBB with an open mind and giving your leadership/volunteers the vote of confidence they have earned-- many times over.
Sincerely,
Netjetwife

Speaking of sleeping...;) it's good to see the pilots wake up in plenty of time to cast their vote in favor of a proposal that offers improved job security, increased pay, and enhanced career opportunities. My thanks to all who are viewing IBB with an open mind and giving your leadership/volunteers the vote of confidence they have earned-- many times over.
It really is interesting how you paint people here, NJW. If one casts his vote in favor of the proposal, he is "awakened?" So if he votes no, he is what? Ignorant? Asleep? If he votes yes, he has an open mind. If he votes no, he is close-minded? Interesting.

The funny thing is, the most avid yes-voters on our union board are the ones who most obviously have not read the whole proposal. Most of them read 13 and 27 and decided, "Yep, good enough for me!" :rolleyes: Oh yeah, open-minded all right.

Latest resources

Back