• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA TA in principal reached!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think buying 5 yes votes is going to make it pass.

True, just playing conspiracy theorist.... I was thinking more along the lines of raising the hope of the 100 or so immediately after... The gullible ones who think all of a sudden upgrades will begin in earnest.

Melodrama.

If you're working that many hours and flying that many legs, it's only because you let them.

I've never understood this line of thinking.

We're not going to fix the day by having clear work rules and hours of service. We expect you to fix it yourself.

Just an odd way of thinking.

I've never understood this line of thinking.

We're not going to fix the day by having clear work rules and hours of service. We expect you to fix it yourself.

Just an odd way of thinking.

I feel an odd way of thinking is flying until you fall over. If you are working that hard, it's only because you let them. Under our current work rules, it is what it is.

Last edited:
I feel an odd way of thinking is flying until you fall over. If you are working that hard, it's only because you let them. Under our current work rules, it is what it is.

It's been shown very clearly that the worst decisions come long after you should have shut down. Unfortunately you're not in a state of mind to make those decisions.

Trying to pass off work rules to the pilots and blaming them for it is like blaming the rape victim because she wore a slutty outfit.

Work rules are in place to protect us from ourselves. Pilots do a really crappy job of saying no.

Work rules to prevent working pilots until they fatigue would also help the owners since there would be less last-minute scrambles to a recover a trip from a crew dropping an F bomb.

It's been shown very clearly that the worst decisions come long after you should have shut down. Unfortunately you're not in a state of mind to make those decisions.

Trying to pass off work rules to the pilots and blaming them for it is like blaming the rape victim because she wore a slutty outfit.

Work rules are in place to protect us from ourselves. Pilots do a really crappy job of saying no.

I agree 100%

But if one is flying 80 hours and performing 4-5 legs a day for 7 days, they have no one to blame but themselves. That's where the melodrama lies.

Work rules to prevent working pilots until they fatigue would also help the owners since there would be less last-minute scrambles to a recover a trip from a crew dropping an F bomb.

True...

They got what they wanted though. I've been on the 15 day with 5 day max tour lengths for many years. I have fatigued only once or twice a year. To make the money I want to make I will need to work the CC72 with 8 day tours.

I imagine I will needs to fatigues much more often.

I guess this works out better for them?

I agree 100%

But if one is flying 80 hours and performing 4-5 legs a day for 7 days, they have no one to blame but themselves. That's where the melodrama lies.

No melodrama I don't give my buddy his keys after a few drinks and say just drive a little slower.

If pilots could monitor themselves the FAA wouldn't have all these pesky duty time rules written in blood.

We got played pure and simple.

The airplanes are still fatiguing before I have to....

If pilots could monitor themselves the FAA wouldn't have all these pesky duty time rules written in blood.

Come on man. You know those rules were written for companies, not crews. That's why there are no limitations under part 91.

Latest resources

Back