• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA Strong Union Negotiator Summary--Part 1

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Beyond what x402 said, no doubt BB reports to SOMEBODY....he's not swinging out there on his own without directives from ABOVE and ABOVE is undoubtedly RTS et al.......and, by the way, that last quote is from RTS himself after completion of the '98 contract......I guess his condescension is coming back to haunt him.

x402

No matter what Mr. B. or Mr S. do, they are rich and you are not. These gentlemen will remain rich and you never will be as long as you are the employee and not the boss.

You can discuss an new contract until the cows come home. You ain't gonna get over one third of a billion (retro and pay increase) first year and new math millions in the following years just because you think you rate it.

Go have a few beers and consider life after NJA. Let it go man.

longrangekiller said:
No matter what Mr. B. or Mr S. do, they are rich and you are not. These gentlemen will remain rich and you never will be as long as you are the employee and not the boss.

You can discuss an new contract until the cows come home. You ain't gonna get over one third of a billion (retro and pay increase) first year and new math millions in the following years just because you think you rate it.

Well you're right Bill and Rich do have more money than I do, no argument there.
If you read the last part of my post you'll see I allow for the fact we may not get 400m in raises and retro. My point is we'd be foolish not to ask, considering past negotiations with Mr Santulli.
I like your last sentence and I have my ducks in a row, now I'll go find a few adult beverages. Cheers!

longrangekiller said:

I will not let it go. Ego and reputation is a big deal to these assholes. So fine, you can cheer for the other team. Fine. I always love a good fight. I am not going to give up. This place pays or dies. End of story. I guess you are one of those, "I just want to fly a jet types.".

Thanks for your opinion. I am just glad you are not on my team.

CMHTroll said:
Bill Boisture is the president that you have to deal with. Not Santulli, not Buffet, not Bush. You sound like the spoiled child who did not get the cookie from one parent and runs to the other, or were you the one who tried to divorce your parents at 16 because they didn't buy you a shiny new sports car?
If you honestly believe that Boisture has the ultimate decision over what is offered and what is approved, you really need to put down the crack pipe and check into Betty Ford, ASAP!

Fozzy

No I do not want to fly jets. If that were true, I would have stayed with the profession instead of starting a new career at the age of 51. My new career is aviation related but not flying and absolutely not with a fractional.

I can say that I enjoyed my time at the fractionals flying Hawkers and X's and I can say that I enjoyed submitting my resignation. It was time to move on to bigger and better things. And things are certainly much better. Basically the same pay, home every night, weekends and all holidays OFF.

Now, you were saying something about just wanting to fly jets? Been there, done that, got the tee shirt, it was OK but it ain't no big deal, and ain't looking back.

Ultra Grump said:
If you honestly believe that Boisture has the ultimate decision over what is offered and what is approved, you really need to put down the crack pipe and check into Betty Ford, ASAP!

O my gosh- and the MEC and Negotiating Committee gets their power from the union members-

Why not file all 2000+ pilots into each negotiation?

Same logic.

OK, here's a question:

It sounds like you guys are way far apart. It also seems that being far apart if VERY good for Netjets. Being this far apart means that negotiations are going to stall, or at least take a very long time. Isn't that just what the company would want? You aren't going on strike, so what possible downside is there for Netjets (other than a PR issue).

I've been in a few fistfights in my life (before my gray hair) and the ones that actually ended in blows went there very quickly, not with a bunch of yelling and posturing.

Ace

FAcFriend said:
O my gosh- and the MEC and Negotiating Committee gets their power from the union members-

Why not file all 2000+ pilots into each negotiation?

Same logic.
In a sense they did. We have been polled 3 separate times on what we will accept in a new contract, and we'll be asked once again, in the vote, for approval on the eventual TA.

I am saying that the ultimate decision in the company's case rests with Santulli, if not Warren Buffett himself. Boisture gets his marching orders from them. I'm sorry if that's too difficult for you to grasp. I can post the whole exchange again, if it will make it easier for you... :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back