Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hahahahaha!

Don't bet on that "Wolf".

I saw one our Falcon Cpts in Colorado, he was still wearing his "Civil War" uniform under his Netjets uniform!

You math puts them at 65. That was my goal but unless the economy changes that may change.

The overwhelming majority of NJI pilots are age 55+. In ten years the turn over here will be approaching 45-50% of the entire pilot group. Those vacancies will be filled straight off the list.

Maybe. Have you taken a look at your 401K lately? We have quite a few individuals on the 'A' side who are ready to retire now (at the age of 65), but simply can't because much of their retirement has been obliterated (not to mention we got rid of medical coverage for the retirees in our contract).

I'm sure you'll have a few who will retire at 65 (or before), but it may be quite a bit longer before we see real turnover form the Gulfstreams.

Not saying it won't eventually happen, just that it may not be so quick.

:) Cast, Thanks for having such a level head and helping to move this integration forward in a mature manor.
Now all we have to do is get the few bone headed children out of the house and let them grow up. :laugh:
Cheers :beer:

If we're so concerned about operational efficiency, why is there a proposal to continue to keep the operational centers of NJA and NJI separate after integration?

No just concerned about operational efficiency of the pilots. Now that he's on the other side operational efficiency of the non flying employees isn't as important.

:)

Yes said with sarcasm.

If we're so concerned about operational efficiency, why is there a proposal to continue to keep the operational centers of NJA and NJI separate after integration?

Oz,

Because our office staff and operations people are the best of the best of the best. They were cherry picked out of CMH. Hands down NJI operates smoother than any operator out there because of our infrastructure and its people. I happen to know one of those "people" personally :)erm:) and the stories I hear about CMH.....

The worst thing RTS could ever do is dissolve the NJI operations group. I dont always agree with our management, but they run a solid ship! Now... if they let our people run the whole shabang, well then I'd go for that, and so would you! Trust me.

Wolf

Am I the only one bemused by this thread?

I've always considered Flightinfo as largely entertainment, but in the last couple of months it has developed into a great venue for the exchange of opinions between the line pilots of NJA and NJI.

And it appears that we have recently been joined not only by one of the founders of GPAC but also a management representative responsible for putting it all together.

This is a good thing. Right now the NJA message board is closed to NJI members and it will never be open to those in management. Flightinfo is providing a valuable source of information for all concerned.

Fear arises from uncertainty. Only open debate addresses uncertainty. To all involved - keep it up, its refreshing. Its a major advance from the dark days of 284 when the best we could hope for was the occasional "drive by" posting.

Last edited:
Am I the only one bemused by this thread?

I'm not mystified in the least. :rolleyes:

I agree with Wolfy... Our office people are just solid. When I can call my scheduler directly and get the honest straight scoop, thats a good thing. They don't just act like they care, they do. I can't explain it really, but NJI does operate very smoothly. From the training department to the dispatch department and everything in between, we have wonderful people working down there. I personally think Mr. S knows this and will keep the operations seperate. NJI caters to the upper crust of our owners, and keeping them happy requires a bit more attention to detail than CMH can provide. Now saying that, it doesnt matter who is driving the bus, solong as they (at least one of them) are experience in international ops.

I told the GPAC organizers to make sure they have an open door to our management, and that when the time comes for NJASAP to sit down with them, they do it properly. We have good people running this operation, we don't need to ruin that.

bemused that's a big word. :)

Latest resources

Back