• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA Phone interviews scheduled for AUG-OCT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If they get as far as the CMH interview and they are just then finding out about these things then I'd say they haven't done their homework on the company very well.

I agree 100%

The problem I see is not how they are treated at the interview, but rather afterward when they are kept in the dark about the results for an extended period of time. What is being done about that? It makes us look indecisive at best, arrogant and uncaring at worst.

The communications NJA is having with the applicants after they leave Columbus is a HUGE problem in my opinion. I think it is embarrasing, and is counter-productive to the image we are trying to project. Unfortunatly, NJASAP pilots involved with the interviews have no authority in this matter.

I really sympathize guys and girls.

I have not heard anything bad or negative about placing a nicely worded and matter of fact email to remind them, offer help if they are having problems with your background check and express your continuing desire to fly for NJA.

Keep the faith.:)

This is good advice.

I wish someone at NJA could enlighten the people waiting for a callback from the interview in CMH. A lot of us have been waiting 7 weeks or more with no word. Even just an e-mail stating that they are still evaluating would be nice.

As far as I understand, No news is good. I have a friend I recommended from the April interview group. He didn't hear anything for a long time. Anyone in his group that didn't make it heard back inside of 2-3 weeks. Try sending an email asking about the status. My buddy has done that many time and everytime they were cool about it.

The communications NJA is having with the applicants after they leave Columbus is a HUGE problem in my opinion. I think it is embarrasing, and is counter-productive to the image we are trying to project. Unfortunatly, NJASAP pilots involved with the interviews have no authority in this matter.

Fischman,
That is nice to hear, that you guys realize there is a issue with the communications of CMH to potential newhires. Hopefully some change will occur at some point.

I was cornered in MDW last tour by a guy who wanted to know what the hell the deal was. He was flustrated by not being able to plan his future. He said he hadn't heard a word from anyone, sorry I don't remember when he interviewed, I told him that most of the time with NJA no news is good news. At least is was when I interview in '00. He mellowed out, but there is some anger out there.

Does anyone know what NJA is doing with those that re-apply after 6 months from an unsuccessful interview?

Is there a process for re-evaluating those applicants that are tryng again? I am sure this is also changing along with other aspects of the process.....just curious if anyone knows anything.

Every single applicant at NetJets trained to be a pilot first. Its a bit arrogant to assume that customer service skills are somehow beyond the average pilot. The proper attitude combined with good training seems to work everywhere else. Yes, even at the Ritz-Carlton.

As far as I understand, No news is good. I have a friend I recommended from the April interview group. He didn't hear anything for a long time. Anyone in his group that didn't make it heard back inside of 2-3 weeks. Try sending an email asking about the status. My buddy has done that many time and everytime they were cool about it.

So you could make the assumption that if you haven't heard anything in 3 weeks, that your chances of getting on with NJ are good??

Has anyone gotten the bad news after 3 weeks??

Thanks
-CaKe

I did my phone interview nearly 7 weeks ago and just got my invite to CMH for the interview. Hope that helps anyone that is still waiting to hear back from the phone interview. Good Luck!

Latest resources

Back